September 12, 2005
Card Type: DVB-S (1030A)
Driver: BDA 1.2.3.5
CAM: Alphacrypt / Cryptoworks
CAM: ??
DVB Provider: Astra
Scrambled: OK / partially
MP ver: CVS 2006-02-27

ORF (Austrian television with Cryptoworks) works just like a charm, But there is no PREMIERE - i bought a Alphcrypt CI Card today but it doesnt work out, by the way Premiere is crypted with Nagravsion, is that not available yet in MP?

dr.lector

Portal Member
September 12, 2005
i just wanted to add my actual status:

Alphacrypt is working but not always and not accurate. It takes a long time to decrypt and there is often "No Signal", so i have to switch trough encrypted channels, and after zapping a bit the encrypted channels pop up...

and in the configuration there is still no Nagravision available, (just "Default" came with a CVS some days ago) i dont know if that means something.
So in this list are available:
Default (what is the Default for?)
Viaaccess (with wich i use my Alphacrypt card right now)
Aston
Conax
Cryptoworks

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    lar282 said:
    Is there any way of updating the firmware of the card. I saw that it has a beta!! forimware.

I have the DVB-C card and it also has beta firmware. I think maybe it would be a really good idea to send some annoying emails to Twinhans support :)

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    ziphnor said:
    lar282 said:
    Is there any way of updating the firmware of the card. I saw that it has a beta!! forimware.

I have the DVB-C card and it also has beta firmware. I think maybe it would be a really good idea to send some annoying emails to Twinhans support :)

I did, no reply yet

//Lasse

sapateira

Portal Member
    February 21, 2006
    Card Type: DVB-C 2031
    CAM: T-Rex (Dragon CAM v4.01)
    CAM Firmware: Predator 3.31
    Provider: TV Cabo
    Scrambled: YES

Well... everything's working, more or less. The thing is when i change channels that were scanned within a different frequency, everything crashes. I then have to reboot, remove and insert the CAM. Even FTA channels crash.
    CAM is working and Predator is doing his job :wink:
    My guess is that the Twinhan isn't comunicating with the CAM too well.
    Maybe with another firmware...
    Do you know if this version of Dragon CAM is compatible with Twinhan's DVC-C cards?
    Has anyone experienced the same?

Regards

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    sapateira said:
    Do you know if this version of Dragon CAM is compatible with Twinhan's DVC-C cards?
    Has anyone experienced the same?

Have you tried another TV application? You could try the Twinhan DTV(requires the WDM driver) that comes with the card or try MyTheatre's trial edition. If the CAM is the cause of the problems it will likely be so no matter the application.

sapateira

Portal Member
    February 21, 2006
    ziphnor said:
    Have you tried another TV application? You could try the Twinhan DTV(requires the WDM driver) that comes with the card or try MyTheatre's trial edition. If the CAM is the cause of the problems it will likely be so no matter the application.

Crashes with any application... even with "DTV" suplied by Twinhan.
    I just don't know if the problem's with the CAM or with the software that i'm runing in the CAM (Predator).
    Twinhan anounces the this version of CAB CI (ver.2031) works with Dragon and Matrix CAMs... but maybe only with access cards and not with emulators :wink:
    I'm wondering if anyone has already been able to use a DRAGON 4.1 with PREDATOR in a Twinhan CAB CI (ver. 2031) or even in a SAT CI version.

:arrow: And yes.. you guys are right, TWINHAN SUPPORT SUCKS!!! they don't give damn about customers.
    Answering's something they just don't know about.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    sapateira said:
    Crashes with any application... even with "DTV" suplied by Twinhan.
    I just don't know if the problem's with the CAM or with the software that i'm runing in the CAM (Predator).
    Twinhan anounces the this version of CAB CI (ver.2031) works with Dragon and Matrix CAMs... but maybe only with access cards and not with emulators :wink:

I dont know much about CAMs, is the CAM you are using one that can emulate different type of CAMs or what? Or are you talking about emulating the access card itself? If its the last i assume you have one legitimate access card, so why dont you try that and see if it works?

Apart from that, i can recommend a reinstall of Windows and MediaPortal, it solved by stuttering/freezing problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom