[solved] Strange issue with HD-Audio streams (No Sound) (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It seems somehow that the connection failed :

Code:
    [2017-07-23 13:20:25,581] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - DirectShowUtil: RenderUnconnectedOutputPins Pin Output - failed
    [2017-07-23 13:20:25,585] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: XySubFilter
    [2017-07-23 13:20:25,588] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: LAV Audio Decoder
    [2017-07-23 13:20:25,591] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] -  - remove done
    [2017-07-23 13:20:25,594] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: Default DirectSound Device
    [2017-07-23 13:20:25,596] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] -  - remove done

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It seems somehow that the connection failed :
    Yeah, I agree... and this is different to the situation with the earlier log files.

@Helios61
    I strongly suggest that when you test, you always test with the same file. You may have more than one problem. It's easiest to help when we can deal with one thing at a time.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I strongly suggest that when you test, you always test with the same file. You may have more than one problem. It's easiest to help when we can deal with one thing at a time.
    Last test was the first with another file. Before all is done with one thing.
    @Sebastiii, give me please some time, i have to install TeamViewer at HTPC

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Finaly @Sebastiii (Big Thanks again for this long TeamViewer session) was able to find the reason for this issue. It is related to DRRC. If DRRC is disabled HD streams are working fine, with DRRC enabled there is no sound after change of the refreshrate. By changing the refreshrate audio is removed. Thats also the reason, why most TV-Shows are working fine. There no refreshrate change is needed. It is reproducable with MadVR and MPC-HC. Seb thinks a solution could be, that we need to wait that drr is fully done before starting to play. @Owlsroost, @mm1352000, what do you think? I am wondering, what has changed during the last weeks. It was working since years without any issue.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks @Helios61

Yep when DRRC is started (from MP / madVR or Windows itself) the connection video/audio is quickly removed then added back but if the graph building happen in quite same time, the audio renderer is not correctly detected (i have added some logs that show clearly) MP didn't find the audio renderer.

Setting Graphbuilding in automatic in codec section, can make it works but this time codec are selected by merit.

So what could be nice is to start the graphbuilding after DRRC is finished (but not only) we need to wait few sec, from log 2 or 3 sec should be ok.

We also try to disable DRRC so all was working and trigger a DRRC from windows that lead to the same issue (no more sound etc.)

I think it can be related to a windows update or maybe GPU driver change that lead to this new issue.
    For ex here when i trigger a DRRC there is no removal like it does now with the Intel audio/video stuff seen on @Helios61 htpc.

I don't know is it's doable because setting the DRRC from madVR lead to the same issue, the graph is building / madVR change the DRRC and boom -> issue.

When DRRC is running, we can clearly seen the audio icon goes to red arrow (no more audio device) to normal icon (audio device back).

I'm not sure that if we override this removal detection under MP will change anything, because when it happen the directshow audio renderer list has missing default audio renderer / Intel audio HD renderer etc.

:)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    we need to wait few sec, from log 2 or 3 sec should be ok.
    That's a long time! Sloooow. :(
    Such a delay shouldn't be applied unless it is really necessary. It could be really frustrating for people who don't need the delay.

I think it can be related to a windows update or maybe GPU driver change that lead to this new issue.
    Agree.
    GPU or HDMI audio device driver change.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For now i'll change refreshrate by hand with multishortcut plugin. It is working so far, but i hope we'll find another solution for this annoying behaviour. I've reported this behaviour to INTEL, but i don't believe, that there will be help from this side.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey,
    i was looking again at log on first post and on those one, we didn't the like the teamviewer session, the default direct sound seems to be added correctly.
    So does the teamviewer trigger the intel audio deconnection when using the DRRC ?

Still doing DRRC before the movie start seems to works.

Could you make a new set of logs ? (and also with watchdog tool and without it to look if we get the same logs at teamviewer session ?)

What i have in mind, was to add a delay only if it failed to detect the audio renderer to let time to windows to recover and then get the correct one.
    Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom