[solved] Strange issue with HD-Audio streams (No Sound) (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Hey :)
    It seems that i was able to add the 5 secs delay when audio renderer failed (only in this case) and changed code to refresh filter list at runtime.
    So i can't say if it works (i mean from log it's OK) but i can't hear the sound on remote :)

Attached is a new core bin (didn't update the mediaportal.exe because not fully sure is needed, i have add a filter refresh on removal and add so can be nice to have too).

I need to create a Jira and push the change in the branch :p

Attachments

• Core_audio_renderer_V2.zip
      1.1 MB · Views: 62
    • 0001-Master-WIP-detection-to-handle-AudioRenderer-remove-.patch
      16.3 KB · Views: 49

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi @Sebastiii
    So i can't say if it works (i mean from log it's OK) but i can't hear the sound on remote :)
    Back home :). Big Thanks (y)(y)(y). Playback is working fine with drrc enabled and HD audio stream. One thing i've noticed with quick first tests is, that i have to start a movie twice. First time pressing the OK button on remote i get a short flickering, second time pressing OK button movie starts fine. If you need some more logs, please

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    I have post the installer based on this branch, are you able to test ? (in Jira link)
    Maybe it's something related in core.dll.

When testing, i have used the mouse, seems on the movie start directly, maybe i did change an option for the remote ?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @Sebastiii, i've done some tests with the new installer. All is working fine as ist shoud :):)(y).
    First time pressing the OK button on remote i get a short flickering, second time pressing
    That is not correct. With EVR i get a black screen for a ~ 1/2 second, then screen switches back to GUI, then movie starts fine. With MadVR playback starts immediately.
    Big Thanks for the very quick soulutuin and your support.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Great so a little delay is present on EVR and no with madVR but sound is ok ? DTS-MA + TrueHD ?
    Could you post both log EVR and madVR :) ?

It's a workaround to add such delay of 5 secs but i think for now it's needed until something change on Intel side or windows.
    I have notice that it seems to happen only when HTPC resolution is set to 4K (and ofc when DRRC is in use) :p

Users who are viewing this thread