Stream drops to audio after a short time (1 Viewer)

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Cheezy, Thx!

Will try it out as soon as possible and offcourse report back to you.

ronsonol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2007
    Kingston
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    After making these new changes, the improvments are immediate. Sorry, Ive edited this post a couple times I've done even more testing now.

I'd have to say everything is working great(after more config edits)! I've tried both TVSeries and LiveTV tests.

TVSeries - I watched an entire 1.1G mkv show for 40 minutes. Everything was smooth with a small audio sync issue. But I've tried a bunch more files, and they work perfectly - I just have not watched them till the end.

In LiveTV I still had lots of problems. Until I keep trying different cmd line options.
    Finally, I added -r 25 under the LiveTV transcoder settings in config.xml and it is working great!
    The -r setting sets fps. Online docs say 25 fps is a default, but without this setting I get pauses on the play back, and CPU usage of ffmpeg.exe on the TVServer is lowered from about 35% to 20% Both types of satellite feeds from TVServer (HD H.264 and SD MPG) are working great. No drop outs and smooth!

Many thanks!

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I can confirm things definately seem better :D

I tried watching some TV last night (albeit not for long) and it seemed to work great - where as before I would get "audio only" after a very short period of time.

One thing I did have problems with, which I need to test further, is Channel 4 HD. This seemed very blocky and unwatchable, where as BBC One HD was fine. I will test more and let you know..

Many thanks,

J.

ps - If I need to increase the image size (so that I can output onto a TV from the iPhone), I assume its the "-s", "-aspect" and "-b" values I need to increase?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Thanks for the updates, the -r 25 tweak is interesting - especially since it should be this by default. Jay_UK, perhaps you could try that and see if it improves your Channel 4 HD?

And yes - the "-b", "-s" and "-aspect" parameters should be the only ones to edit to output to a larger screen. I'm looking at integrating huha's iPiMPProfiler code to make switching/selecting streaming profiles available from within the app.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I will give it a try with the -r option later.

I just tried watching stuff over 3G, interesting thing..... SD content plays fine, HD seems to stutter. In theory it is not an issue the 3G bandwith - as iPimp should be making the output the same for both SD and HD?

I haven't got access to the HTPC at the moment, so I'm not sure if its an issue with local resource/performance (it shouldnt be as its a x3 Phenom based setup)

Thanks,

J.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    I just tried watching stuff over 3G, interesting thing..... SD content plays fine, HD seems to stutter. In theory it is not an issue the 3G bandwith - as iPimp should be making the output the same for both SD and HD?

See this post. Although -b 256k is there, it doesn't always seem to be enforced - so it could be your HD is actually being transcoded at a higher bitrate. See if HD works when on wifi, also try the parameters in that post to see if they make HD over 3G any better.

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Cheezy, Thx!

Will try it out as soon as possible and offcourse report back to you.

Still strugling!.

Changed so many parameters the last couple of months. Need to reinstall the whole thing, so will be my task for the weekend.

bakerpr

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2009
    Home Country
    I have a problem using the proposed fix with video playback.
    Before the fix all working fine with WIFI but after no video. Could someone please check my config file to see if I have made a simple error.
    Thanks

Attachments

• config.xml
      1.8 KB

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey guys... followed instructions to replace files and edit config.xml, but now getting this error when trying to stream livetv :

The requested URL /SmoothStream.isml/SmothStream.m3u8 was not found on this server.

Any suggestions ???

Also, where exactly do i put the -r 25 argument ? Anywhere in the livetv line ??

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom