Streamed MP v1.0.3 Stable [15 Apr 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC2] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cYbton

Re: *NEW* Streamed MP v1.0.3 Stable [15 Apr 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC2+]

Hm ok, so we have to wait for a change in the code?

Another quick question: It's possible to remove the watched/unwatched icons in movingpictures like in tvseries? and what about the white edge overlay in all covers? it's possible to remove this?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Another quick question: It's possible to remove the watched/unwatched icons in movingpictures like in tvseries? and what about the white edge overlay in all covers? it's possible to remove this?

For now you just have to search for the images in question from the skins media directory and delete them.

We can add options later for this.

dedi

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Hi

Thanks for this great skin. Its absolutely my favorite one!

You gave some TV logos with on the way, is this correct? (At least they appeared at the time I installed StreamedMP, but wasnt the only thing I've done there). If yes I would provide some logos I added myself.

C

cYbton

For now you just have to search for the images in question from the skins media directory and delete them.

We can add options later for this.

Yea I looked in the xml's and tried to delete a few images, cleared the cache, but I can't find the right image. I wanted to delete the white edge overlay on covers...

And one another question: I'm using the latest StreamedMP and in the playing music screen the star rating still doesn't work for the currently played song... is this right?

BlueArchon

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007

The StreamedMP skin doesn't work for me. :( I've got a fresh install of MP 1.1 RC2, and installed StreamedMP over that (with all included plugins). I run Windows 7 x64 on a system with 4Gb ram, an E5400 processor and a Radeon 4350 with 512Mb.
    When I start Mediaportal with StreamedMP enabled, I can see the splashscreen, but when that's finished loading, I just see my desktop again (although MP is running). It works fine with the blue3 skin.

error.log shows:
    2010-05-11 15:11:59.106672 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: Error in the application.
    -2147024882 (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Font..ctor(Device device, Font font)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    at MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    at MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()
    2010-05-11 15:11:59.891717 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: Error in the application.

Which is odd, since I would think my system has plenty of memory?

adelphia

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Hayling Island, Hampshire, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

The StreamedMP skin doesn't work for me. :( I've got a fresh install of MP 1.1 RC2, and installed StreamedMP over that (with all included plugins). I run Windows 7 x64 on a system with 4Gb ram, an E5400 processor and a Radeon 4350 with 512Mb.
    When I start Mediaportal with StreamedMP enabled, I can see the splashscreen, but when that's finished loading, I just see my desktop again (although MP is running). It works fine with the blue3 skin.

error.log shows:
    2010-05-11 15:11:59.106672 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: Error in the application.
    2010-05-11 15:11:59.891717 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: Error in the application.

Which is odd, since I would think my system has plenty of memory?

You have reinstalled the specific fonts, right? Don't assume the installer will do it for you.

EDIT: Another thought, you're not getting the DirectX initialization error are you (it shows behind MP main window); use alt-tab to see. If you are, add a few seconds onto your startup (wit X secs before starting) to allow DX to initialize.

BlueArchon

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007

You have reinstalled the specific fonts, right? Don't assume the installer will do it for you.

EDIT: Another thought, you're not getting the DirectX initialization error are you (it shows behind MP main window); use alt-tab to see. If you are, add a few seconds onto your startup (wit X secs before starting) to allow DX to initialize.

No, I don't seem to have the initialization error. I tried adding a delay nevertheless, but that didn't help.
    Eh, silly question perhaps, but where do I find the fonts? Can't find them on the StreamedMP home page, and the installation guide doesn't mention them. :oops:

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

No, I don't seem to have the initialization error. I tried adding a delay nevertheless, but that didn't help.
    Eh, silly question perhaps, but where do I find the fonts? Can't find them on the StreamedMP home page, and the installation guide doesn't mention them. :oops:

The fonts are handled by the installer, the error to all accounts seems to indicate you do not have enough gfx memory which looking at your gfx card should not be an issue.

Quick question, have you added any images to the media/animations/movies, music, tv etc dirs? and if so were they .png or .jpg files?

To help with finding the issue could delete the cache, can do this via the editor and then start MP again - when finished could post your mediaportal.log and error.log files - this should help in figuring out the issue.

Thanks

BlueArchon

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007

The fonts are handled by the installer, the error to all accounts seems to indicate you do not have enough gfx memory which looking at your gfx card should not be an issue.

Quick question, have you added any images to the media/animations/movies, music, tv etc dirs? and if so were they .png or .jpg files?

To help with finding the issue could delete the cache, can do this via the editor and then start MP again - when finished could post your mediaportal.log and error.log files - this should help in figuring out the issue.

Thanks

I haven't added any images, thumbs or backdrops. Also, it's a fresh MP install, so the number of backdrops, thumbs, etc is low (for testing purposes). To give you an idea, the size of the thumbs folder is about 26Mb.

I've deleted the cache folder, and started MP again. The log files are attached.

I don't know if it matters, but I used to run MP with X-Factor on this pc, which also installs fonts. Perhaps a compatibility issue between the two?

Edit:
    I forgot to mention that i added <entry name="packSkinGfx">no</entry> to the debug section of MediaPortal.xml, to see if it made a difference (it didn't). I've added 'MediaPortal_withoutParam.log', a log of MP starting up with empty cache, and the debug parameter removed again.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

I haven't added any images, thumbs or backdrops. Also, it's a fresh MP install, so the number of backdrops, thumbs, etc is low (for testing purposes). To give you an idea, the size of the thumbs folder is about 26Mb.

I've deleted the cache folder, and started MP again. The log files are attached.

I don't know if it matters, but I used to run MP with X-Factor on this pc, which also installs fonts. Perhaps a compatibility issue between the two?

Edit:
    I forgot to mention that i added <entry name="packSkinGfx">no</entry> to the debug section of MediaPortal.xml, to see if it made a difference (it didn't). I've added 'MediaPortal_withoutParam.log', a log of MP starting up with empty cache, and the debug parameter removed again.

It still looks like a memory issue with your GFX card that fact it dies when packing fonts may be a red herring but you could try uninstalling StreamedMP then deleting the Fluid fonts then reinstalling StreamedMP, but that is a long shot.

Sorry I can't help more but have only ever seen this with limited memory gfx cards before, this seems differnet - hopfully someone else may have an idea what the issue is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom