Streamed MP v1.0.3 Stable [15 Apr 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC2] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bornslippy

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: *NEW* Streamed MP v1.0 RC2 [13 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1+]

If doing a clean install I would install MP RC1.1 and then StreamedMP and installing what plugins you from those suppiled by the skin and then add any additional plugins.

Will be good to know which plugin is causing the issues.

Thanks

Thats what I did, and I suggest as well. Now I have had problems when I have Showtimes installed before I have upgraded MP version and/or a new Skin version. But just like installing an OS I always start with a clean install because there could be files left over that will give your issues or have given you issues in the past. I back up my databases and thats it.

Hop-Scotch

Portal Member
January 22, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Thanks for the update! Seems much smoother and more responsive over the StreamedMP 1.0 RC1 release.

RobinE

Portal Member
December 30, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Looks very nice!!

Only one question: is it still possible to enter the rss news feeds from the home screen (in the old version 0.9.. it was posible with te arow down button) I love it to direct enter the web feeds

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Yeah, use the READ NEWS item...

mred589

Portal Member
January 23, 2005

I installed Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC1 and then installed StreamedMP 1.0.1.1133.

The main screen comes up, but when I hit enter on anything only a rectangle slides up from the bottom for a second, then slides back down. This leaves me on the main screen and I am unable to enter any of the areas.

If I toggle between windowed to full screen it executes all of the areas I hit 'enter' on previously, almost as though they were queued up. But then the same problem occurs. Hitting enter has no effect until I toggle between windows and full screen again.

Any ideas?

PS: I found that LANJAN was having a similar problem in this post: (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-2010-supports-mp-1-1-0-rc1-78892/index3.html - post #29)

I'm having the exact same issue having just installed everything. Did you ever find a solution?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

The main screen comes up, but when I hit enter on anything only a rectangle slides up from the bottom for a second, then slides back down. This leaves me on the main screen and I am unable to enter any of the areas.

If I toggle between windowed to full screen it executes all of the areas I hit 'enter' on previously, almost as though they were queued up. But then the same problem occurs. Hitting enter has no effect until I toggle between windows and full screen again.

Any ideas?

PS: I found that LANJAN was having a similar problem in this post: (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-2010-supports-mp-1-1-0-rc1-78892/index3.html - post #29)

I'm having the exact same issue having just installed everything. Did you ever find a solution?

Can you enter plugins when using Standard Home (Press 'H' on keyboard)? Can you attach all your log files (preferably with debug logging set and after you have reproduced the problem).

Also try disabling any 3rd Party plugins.

mred589

Portal Member
    January 23, 2005

Any ideas?

Can you enter plugins when using Standard Home (Press 'H' on keyboard)? Can you attach all your log files (preferably with debug logging set and after you have reproduced the problem).

Also try disabling any 3rd Party plugins.

I don't actually use basic home, so all my wanderings have been from standard home.
    I've disabled all the 3rd party plugins I saw; I think I got them all.
    I don't know how to turn on debug logging, but I will if you tell me how. Here are my logs as is.

Thanks for your help.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I don't actually use basic home, so all my wanderings have been from standard home.
    I've disabled all the 3rd party plugins I saw; I think I got them all.
    I don't know how to turn on debug logging, but I will if you tell me how. Here are my logs as is.
    You still have all the plugins enabled, and you already have debug enabled anyway so thats good.

Looks like a MediaPortal bug with the fadelabel, something which I had reported already.

If you disable the InfoService plugin this will probably go away...but its not an infoservice problem. Other things you can do to workaround this issue is ensure you have a valid Infoservice rss feed enabled.

You can also edit the skin to workaround this problem:

Edit myHome.xml, and remove the following line in Bold/Underline
    Code:
    <control>
          <description>RSS Items</description>
          <type>fadelabel</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <width>1250</width>
          <height>50</height>
          <posX>114</posX>
          <posY>689</posY>
          <font>mediastream12tc</font>
          <label>#infoservice.feed.titles</label>
          [B][U]<wrapString> #infoservice.feed.separator </wrapString>[/U][/B]
          <visible>plugin.isenabled(InfoService)</visible>
    	  <animation effect="slide" start="0,100" end="0,0" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time=" 400" delay="200">WindowOpen</animation>
    	  <animation effect="slide" end="0,100" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time=" 400" delay="200">WindowClose</animation>
        </control>

Basically MediaPortal has a bug currently if <label> evaluates to something longer than <wrapString>, if <wrapString> is removed then problem goes away.

mred589

Portal Member
    January 23, 2005

I'm an idiot. I removed the RSS feed because I don't like having one on my home screen and I assumed all was well because it started up. I added it back and now it works again. Is there any way to remove it without breaking anything?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I'm an idiot. I removed the RSS feed because I don't like having one on my home screen and I assumed all was well because it started up. I added it back and now it works again. Is there any way to remove it without breaking anything?

Replace your existing myHome.xml with one attached. If using BasicHome then you can do this using the Editor but we dont have an editor for StandardHome.

Attachments

• myHome.xml
      30.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom