StreamedMP 1.0 Release Candidate Testing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    im torn between maya and streamedmp, but ive gone back to streamedmp. i did find maya a bit snappier

We are looking at ways of speeding things up, the problem is the more eye candy the more strain on the system. And shifting around 1280x720 or 1920x1080 jpgs takes it's toll.

We can do some further image optimization I think, will look into it.

I havn't tried the release candidate, i'm saying that 0.9.XXX is slow compared to Maya.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's what you get if you keep adding things while Mediaportal improves. You get left-over code. There is an issue out to reduce this, but it takes a lot of work.
    A new skin is always better optimized.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Music Now Playing selection comes right after the MovingPictures dialog. So, you saying you dont see the dialog as illustrated in attached picture:
    I tried twice via the control panel change route (just to double check I was not going mad) and it went straight from Moving Pictures to the options page (bypassing the music screen).

Not sure how or why it did that but I uninstalled and re-installed and that seemed to fix it

I havn't tried the release candidate, i'm saying that 0.9.XXX is slow compared to Maya.
    Ummm yeah I installed Maya last night and cleaner and quicker but not as good looking... Ummm think I will have to find out which the misses prefers as she will only moan at which I choose...

A new skin is always better optimized.
    Is there really that much more that can be done? Surely the real issue is in the MP skinning engine which is not going to be re-written (except for MP2)

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: StreamedMP 1.0 Release Candidate Testing

hi,

can anyone send me the link as pm? i logged in on irc every evening, but never get a link.

thx

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: StreamedMP 1.0 Release Candidate Testing

Congratulations on your great work!

The installer and the new editor are very comfortable and very userfriendly!

GagReflex

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Kind of trivial... but the "Fanart Base Property" tool tips need a bit of work.. see attached :)

Also, this is just a FYI as it involves one of the plugins included and not the skin.. I had problems with the included version of the InfoService (Weather wouldn't work).. After upgrading to v15Beta6 all was good..

AWESOME skin!

Thanks..

Attachments

• Menu Editor.jpg
      Menu Editor.jpg
      197.4 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Kind of trivial... but the "Fanart Base Property" tool tips need a bit of work.. see attached :)

Also, this is just a FYI as it involves one of the plugins included and not the skin.. I had problems with the included version of the InfoService (Weather wouldn't work).. After upgrading to v15Beta6 all was good..

AWESOME skin!

Thanks..

:oops:

Fixed - thanks

That is more of a problem with the 1.3.x version of Infoservice - with this version you need to run up MP, go into weather (I refresh) then exit MP and restart - all should be well then. The 1.5 version fixes this issue.

Rayures

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    - The menu editor does not read the current 'menu y position' and 'five day weather position'. Every time i start the menu editor it returns to default.

- ticker supplied image is not on the correct position (see post earlier(page 3)).
    - ticker image settings overrides the infoservice supplied image.

- would love to see an option to move the 'now playing box'. Because when i move the menu bar down they overlap.

- how do i start the webbrowser via the homescreen? In the 'old' version i pressed the 'down' button and the focus went to the rss feed, but now nothing happens....

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    - The menu editor does not read the current 'menu y position' and 'five day weather position'. Every time i start the menu editor it returns to default.

found that and fixed

- ticker supplied image is not on the correct position (see post earlier(page 3)).

This is a scaling issue and am working on a fix for that.

- ticker image settings overrides the infoservice supplied image.

Even if you select 'Ticker Supplied Image', will check.

- would love to see an option to move the 'now playing box'. Because when i move the menu bar down they overlap.

Noted

- how do i start the webbrowser via the homescreen? In the 'old' version i pressed the 'down' button and the focus went to the rss feed, but now nothing happens....

That was removed to save controls and help speed things up - a news option added to the menu, this will take you to the Infoservice screen.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom