StreamedMP Patches (1 Viewer)

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Nice feature. But I would like to see an auto update feature for minor updates :)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
do u plan on adding auto update to the other streamedmp bundled plugins eg. tv series / moving pics?

The lastest changes that have gone in will allow for an update of plugins, if configured for unattended install will shutdown MP, install any required plugins and restart MP. I only saw this for handling the editor and the config plugin but in theory can be used for all plugins.

Will need to a few extra checks and a 'ignore patch' feature but is possible.

Cheers

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
yes, i noticed the icon the other day, and went through the upgrade process (sans screenshots provided in original post, so it's very user friendly).

just one thing though... and this may be easy to resolve. when MP restarted, it wanted to restart with full permissions... what this means for me is that synergy (keyboard & mouse sharing utility) didn't work anymore from my laptop... i had to go to my PC, close MP, and then restart it again with normal permissions...

is there any reason why MP switches to needing full permissions?

cheers,

dh.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
yes, i noticed the icon the other day, and went through the upgrade process (sans screenshots provided in original post, so it's very user friendly).

just one thing though... and this may be easy to resolve. when MP restarted, it wanted to restart with full permissions... what this means for me is that synergy (keyboard & mouse sharing utility) didn't work anymore from my laptop... i had to go to my PC, close MP, and then restart it again with normal permissions...

cheers,

dh.

That should not happen, did the patch request to be run with elevated permissions or just mediaportal? I may have an idea as to what may cause this but cant reproduce on any of my systems, even the ones with UAC enabled.

Will look into it but as of now I am not sure as to the exact cause.

thx

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
when MP restarted, it wanted to restart with full permissions... what this means for me is that synergy (keyboard & mouse sharing utility) didn't work anymore from my laptop... i had to go to my PC, close MP, and then restart it again with normal permissions...

That should not happen, did the patch request to be run with elevated permissions or just mediaportal? I may have an idea as to what may cause this but cant reproduce on any of my systems, even the ones with UAC enabled.

thx

i can't be sure if it was the patch or MP that wanted elevated permissions... MP closed to install the patch, and then i was prompted. i'll pay more attention next time, and i'm happy to provide logs/screenshots if that helps.

cheers,

dh.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    when MP restarted, it wanted to restart with full permissions... what this means for me is that synergy (keyboard & mouse sharing utility) didn't work anymore from my laptop... i had to go to my PC, close MP, and then restart it again with normal permissions...

thx

i can't be sure if it was the patch or MP that wanted elevated permissions... MP closed to install the patch, and then i was prompted. i'll pay more attention next time, and i'm happy to provide logs/screenshots if that helps.

cheers,

dh.

Thanks, the Patch definitely asks for elevation (if UAC is enabled) as it needs to install plugins into the program files directory. But when I tested this was prompted while I was still in the GUI.

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks, the Patch definitely asks for elevation (if UAC is enabled) as it needs to install plugins into the program files directory. But when I tested this was prompted while I was still in the GUI.

as promised i paid more attention this time! btw, great to have little updates like this on a frequent basis.

now, i went to settings, skin, skin update, update and install, the patch started downloading, then it asks for elevated permissions, which i allow, i then have to manually close MP (since it was only minimised), and then i receive the prompt restarting MP in 4, 3, 2, 1. when MP has been restarted it is running in the elevated permission set from earlier, so i have to go and close it, and reopen it using the currently logged in user...

perhaps there's something i can adjust in my system to resolve this? anyway, if you'd like more information (logs or other), please let me know.

dh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom