Streaming in a Local Lan (1 Viewer)

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
How can I watch videos by streaming between 2 PCs in a local lan???
TY

Frenchy2k1

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
Bay Area
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
what type of videos?
how do you want to watch them?
Do you mean *real* streaming or just playing from one PC to the next?

The most basic setup would be to share the directories where the videos are on the PC with the videos and access them from the PC playing them, loading them directly into your media player.
Personnaly, I have such a setup, my media Center PC access videos from my server through Wireless LAN. I just shared the right drives and added shortcuts to those in the "My Videos" directory (place that Windows Media Center uses as origin). Works well enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
Replies
Views
So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
Replies
Views
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
Replies
Views
If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Internet required? DE
Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
Hello, I've been searching for a media server for my home entertainment system for a couple of years. I have changed server...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom