Stuttering on Live-TV - since 1.2 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Stuttering on Live-TV - since 1.2

However, please note that the problems started at the moment when I moved from the 1.2.0 Beta to the Final (might have also been the RC).
    Okay. There will be an easy way to check this, but I think it should be done in a different thread. I'm reasonably confident this is a different problem.

mm

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to try and clarify things:

The 200ms playback pause is only triggered by TsReader when playing live TV, and there is less than 100ms of buffered audio data (or less than 200ms of video data), and it's less than approx 40KBytes to the end of the timeshift file. At this point it's close to running out of data, so it takes pre-emptive action to buffer more data before it runs out completely - pausing playback is probably the only clean way to do this which is compatible with any decoder/renderer.

The most common situation for this to happen is if the PC's audio clock (which normally controls the render (play) rate) is running faster than the broadcaster's clock, so the player consumes the timeshift buffer file data faster than the broadcaster supplies it.

Tony

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    tony
    I have not had any severe problems on my clients using default tsreader, but I have an old machine running since my first days with mp :D

This PC have stopped running (live tv) randomly and I have seen high cpu on svchost network service when it happens. I always thought it had something to do with the NIC... I have then been trying different tsreaders and since I have started to use tsReader300ms2 I have not had any hick-ups (running 24-7)!!
    Does this make any sense or is there something else do you think?

Thanks for your fantastic work here!
    /tompa

edit: using UNC path

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Same problem here, I get the"pause 200ms" thing every 5 minutes.

200ms clock drift in 300s implies a huge PC <-> broadcaster frequency difference (more than 600 ppm).

Can you run live TV for 30 mins or so and post full logs please (using the MP watchdog/logs collector) ?

Is this a single-seat or client-server system ?

Tony

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    As a bit of background, the Mantis issue which caused the 200ms pause logic to be added to TsReader is here - http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=2239 - and the thread about the problem it fixes is here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-mp-1-1-0-526/stuttering-lagging-tv-radio-after-while-watching-listening-58229/. Note the timeframe of this MP 1.1.0 RC

Is anyone using MP TVserver (not 4TR/Argus) seeing the problem glenn1990 & mcrob83 are reporting i.e. pauses every 5 minutes or so ?

Tony

snoekieboe

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am, right after upgrading to 1.2.0 and even 1.2.1 the stutters occur every couple of minutes on hd channels only.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I am, right after upgrading to 1.2.0 and even 1.2.1 the stutters occur every couple of minutes on hd channels only.

Tony, how the difference is detected? It could be that some channels have longer timespan between I-Frames - so the sample times for video frames could trigger falsely the issue? Video frames arent coming in the presentation order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom