[solved] - Stuttering playback of edited recordings

Discussion in 'watch/edit Videos' started by bta489, December 10, 2018.

1. bta489

bta489 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hello,

I am experiencing some issues when playing back edited recordings I made from german DVB-T2 (HEVC/H265 Codec). The Recording itself plays fine in MediaPortal (v 1.20). I edited the recording with MKVToolnix (split it to remove the parts before and after the program, remove additional Audio-Tracks, add Chapters and Tags. remux to MKV), and the resulting Video plays fine with VLC. In MediaPortal however, after a few seconds the sound continues normally, but the image lags, stops for a bit, continues with a few seconds of out-of-sync video and then freezes again.

One difference I noticed is that the TsReader appears to be not involved in Playing Back the Video, as it generated no log there. I checked my codec settings, but they looked fine to me (I'm no expert, though).

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Attached are the parts of the Log-Files for the time of the playback.

Attached Files:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wjw

wjw Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I really am NOT an expert here, but as no-one else has commented I'll offer a comment.

What seems a little odd to me is that when playing the video both the LAV video decoder and the ffdshow video decoder are apparently being used. Unless you need some specific post-processing to be done, why the ffdshow decoder? As the video file is no longer a .ts file TsReader wouldn't be used anyway.

I have no knowledge of the software you used to, but if you can why not try producing your file as a .mp4 video and trying that. Also why not post a screenshot of your codec settings for video playback - perhaps someone might see something.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. bta489

bta489 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Thank you for your response @wjw .

The ffdshow Post-Processing is there to have the ability to control the audio-delay from the GUI. Every now and then I have sources that are out of sync and I want to be able to correct that quickly. Right now - as far as I am aware - that is only possible with ffdshow. As I read here though, this might change with the next version.

Anyway, I tried disabling the ffdshow Post-Processing and the Video plays completely fine now. So thanks again for the right idea. Problem solved.

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!