[solved] Stuttering playback of edited recordings (1 Viewer)

bta489

Portal Pro
March 17, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
Hello,

I am experiencing some issues when playing back edited recordings I made from german DVB-T2 (HEVC/H265 Codec). The Recording itself plays fine in MediaPortal (v 1.20). I edited the recording with MKVToolnix (split it to remove the parts before and after the program, remove additional Audio-Tracks, add Chapters and Tags. remux to MKV), and the resulting Video plays fine with VLC. In MediaPortal however, after a few seconds the sound continues normally, but the image lags, stops for a bit, continues with a few seconds of out-of-sync video and then freezes again.

One difference I noticed is that the TsReader appears to be not involved in Playing Back the Video, as it generated no log there. I checked my codec settings, but they looked fine to me (I'm no expert, though).

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Attached are the parts of the Log-Files for the time of the playback.

Attachments

• MP_RecPlaybackLOG.txt
    71.8 KB · Views: 28

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
I really am NOT an expert here, but as no-one else has commented I'll offer a comment.

What seems a little odd to me is that when playing the video both the LAV video decoder and the ffdshow video decoder are apparently being used. Unless you need some specific post-processing to be done, why the ffdshow decoder? As the video file is no longer a .ts file TsReader wouldn't be used anyway.

I have no knowledge of the software you used to, but if you can why not try producing your file as a .mp4 video and trying that. Also why not post a screenshot of your codec settings for video playback - perhaps someone might see something.

bta489

Portal Pro
March 17, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
Thank you for your response @wjw .

The ffdshow Post-Processing is there to have the ability to control the audio-delay from the GUI. Every now and then I have sources that are out of sync and I want to be able to correct that quickly. Right now - as far as I am aware - that is only possible with ffdshow. As I read here though, this might change with the next version.

Anyway, I tried disabling the ffdshow Post-Processing and the Video plays completely fine now. So thanks again for the right idea. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I found out that I have the same issue in VLC. I need to disable hardware acceleration or I get horrible stuttering on HD recordings.
I found out that I have the same issue in VLC. I need to disable hardware acceleration or I get horrible stuttering on HD recordings.
I have been trying all drivers since the Radeon 21.5.2 update but they all cause MP video playback to suffer a few milliseconds of...
Replies
Views
Yes, I used UNC paths (for some reason, I couldn't type them in and had to use on-screen keyboard). By using UNC paths, the stuttering was gone and playback was smooth but later, I had encountered a plethora of problems: 1. Captions and subtitles were slightly out of sync (about 500 ms) 2. MP2 client was not shutting down correctly...
Yes, I used UNC paths (for some reason, I couldn't type them in and had to use on-screen keyboard). By using UNC paths, the...
In previous versions of MP2, I experienced black screen during HEVC playback. Versions 2.3 and 2.3.1 appears to have addressed this...
Replies
Views
Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
Replies
Views
Hi there, the rotation of the video depends on the renderer. I used EVR, joecrow MadVR. I installed MadVR and was able to see joecrow's results. The video 1080x1920.mp4 is played correctly, the video 1920x1080-mux.mp4 is not. It is rotated but the resolution is not correct. I've attached 6 screenshots, 3 with EVR and 3 with MadVR...
Hi there, the rotation of the video depends on the renderer. I used EVR, joecrow MadVR. I installed MadVR and was able to see...
Hello, I noticed that videos 1080 * 1920 px are often played incorrectly in Mediaportal-Videos. I have attached 3 videos, which are...
Replies
Views
https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5078 and added to the next release of MediaPortal
https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5078 and added to the next release of MediaPortal
Hi there, Every now and then, when playing a video no image is rendered. The audio plays fine, but the screen stays black. Not...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom