Stuttering TV with PureVideo codec.. (1 Viewer)

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Cyberlinks PowerDVD codec is HW compatible if you have a copy lying around.

Any particular version needed??

Might also be worthwhile either updating Nvidia driver or reinstalling a previous version to see if it makes any difference.

Actually went back to a 7x.xx one yesterday (will check version when coming home) and it became a little better (CPU usage sank to aprox 60-80% with menu on top of picture), but still very bad stuttering..

The 6200A, does it have it's own onboard memory, or is it system shared.

It's own - 128 MB

Again, Thank you for your time :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey we are getting to longshots here, in your bios is there anything enabled that you do not use, onboard lan, graphics etc, might be worthwhile disabling anything showing up that you do not use.

Just tried dpclat on mine and results are below a 1000, so yes it may well be a hardware conflict, are all your drivers up to date (besides Graphics, but have a 7300 running rock solid with 93.xx on another pc with MP).

Forgot PowerDVD 6\7 both have HW acceleration options, do not think Vista supports 6 though, but as i already had 7 never tried.

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hey we are getting to longshots here, in your bios is there anything enabled that you do not use, onboard lan, graphics etc, might be worthwhile disabling anything showing up that you do not use.

Just tried dpclat on mine and results are below a 1000, so yes it may well be a hardware conflict, are all your drivers up to date (besides Graphics, but have a 7300 running rock solid with 93.xx on another pc with MP).

Forgot PowerDVD 6\7 both have HW acceleration options, do not think Vista supports 6 though, but as i already had 7 never tried.

Believe me, I've been googling a whole lot to find a solution, but seems like I'm the only one in this world that have this problem.. (U can find EVERYTHING on google, right..?)

Decided to just skip using Nvidia PV codec with TV, doesn't wanna loose ALL my hair over this :) Now using MPV..

Tried everything possible in the BIOS as well, disabling unused components etc, no overclocking, default values, but nothing helps :(

Will try PowerDVD later on, but for now I'll just stick to MPV (Is it really that different from Nvidia..)

Thanks for all your folks' time and effort!!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There are some people who cannot get a good result with the Nvidia codec, does not matter what they do.

You think you have all the right hardware (Nvidia based even) and the results are not good.

Unfortunately if it even proved to be a hardware conflict then usually the only way around this is to change the suspected faulty component, and most people do not have alternate bits just lying around.

As i have 3 pc's with various specifications and a few bits spare i can afford to chop and change components until i have a balanced system that works with whatever software i throw at it.

Good Luck with potentially getting PowerDVD working, as sometimes actually prefer this to the Nvidia codec

regards

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Tested with PowerDVD codec now, The CPU usage didn't go above 40% with HW acceleration enabled (20-30% when TV in fullscreen without any menus on screen), so did work much better, but I find the stuttering when an menu is over the picture (What are the correct term to use for that btw?) very anoying, and think I'll just stick with MPV for now.

J

joostzilla

I had the same problem. It took me 6 months to figure this out.
    try setting your de-interlace settings to automatic and not to Smart. Nvidia Purevideo seems to have a kind of bug with the smart de-interlacing.

Ah well, it did the job for me. Hopes it works for you too

joost

mckzoo

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2007
    UK - Cheltenham
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I had a Stuttering problem. Took ages to sort out. When i upgraded my mbd BIOS it reset all settings to Default. My Video card is AGP 128MB, so I checked the BIOS had these settings. Yet using DPLAT I was seeing Latency over 2000 - 10,000. The audio would go berserk etc.
    What finally cured it was rechecking the BIOS settings for the Video card. There is a parameter called FAST WRITES. Make sure this is set to ENABLED. It made a significant difference and effectively cured my issue. After enabling it, DPLAT showed Latency of ~ 1000 - 2000 and only jumps higher when changing channels or screens.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    mckzoo

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I can't get HW-acceleration on my 6200 to work properly either. I can select it, and it does an impact - namely STUTTER LIKE HELL :mad:

By using Coolbits w/PureVideo-hacks, I found that almost half the frames where dropped when using DXVA!

bild27ff.gif
    [/QUOTE]

Anybody else heard about simular experience?

EDIT: Similar case http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t23110.html - no solution?

EDIT2: I am not the only one!!! ---> http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1010659&postcount=10

EDIT3: Tried the 96.89 drivers. Only made things worse. Have also tried replacing quartz.dll

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I am NOT giving DXVA up yet.

There are so many having problems with DXVA and WMR9 and nVidia gfx, so it has to be others than me (and threadstarter) who is having problems?

If you are running nVidia gfx w/DXVA, please subitt info:

Gfx driver ver.:
    TV source: (PAL/NTSC etc.)
    Codecs:
    Codec settings:

THANK YOU!!!

More threads which describes the problem:

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t15184.html <- describes everything very good
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=18661
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/printthread.php?t=793583&page=3&pp=30

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Try using dpclat to see if it's a hardware/driver/irq issue:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/useful_tool_dpclat_stuttering_dropped_frames-t14570.html?t=14570&highlight=dpclat

i.e. perhaps you gfx card is conflicted (with other hardware).

Both my gfx card and NIC (PCI wireless) share the same IRQ. The two tuners on my PVR500 also have the same IRQ. When using TV from MP I got latency above 4000 us in dpclat, so there must be a conflict here somewhere. When playing DVD image in MP theres no problems with the latency..

So any suggestions? Change PCI slot for my TV card or NIC?

Have now tried switching PCI slots, didn't help. Using Nvidia Codec WITHOUT HW acceleration works fine (CPU usage about 50-60%) and no problem viewing miniepg etc..

Why do my PC go crazy when using the tuner and some MP graphics at the same time?

After using this tool myself I am sure that our problem is due to latency - perhaps since we both have AGP card?

Tried disabling just about everything - still:

- Huge latency when starting mediaportal setup.exe
    - Same for full screen mediaportal
    - Not that much when using MP in window mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom