Stuttering TV with PureVideo codec.. (1 Viewer)

captcol

Portal Pro
June 27, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Found a tool on here posted by Frodo I think that could change the pci latency settings etc, as I have a PCI-E vid card it was no good to me but it may help in this situation where you can force the graphics card to have lower latency.

Might be worth a shot, I run a 7300gs passive PCI-E and have no stuttering, think i have HW acceleration turned on, I will check when i get home.

My main problem is blocky pixelation with TV but I think that may be temperature related

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    And the sinner is...........

Using VMR9 Exclusive mode!

Disabling this and no stutter etc - but; TEARING!

I'll burn that stupid gfx soon....

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I've been going mad for past few weeks because of a stuttering when watching live/recorded TV. I tried several codecs with no luck. I was also having video/audio out-of-sync problem with some of my 720p content. Only 1080p was playing nice.

I'm using nVidia 7900GT with Mirai 42" FullHD LCD television, Purevideo as MPEG2 decoder.

Yesterday I finally found the solution:

The refresh rate for my 1080p resolution was wrong. For 720p the nVidia drivers give me 50Hz and 60Hz and 720p@60Hz runs with no problems. For 1080p drivers give me 50Hz, 59Hz(?) and 60Hz. When setting to 1080p resolution, driver selects automatically 59Hz which causes stuttering and out of sync problems.

When I manually changed to 1080p@60Hz ALL PROBLEMS are finally gone: TV, 720p and 1080p runs so smooth. I hope this gives you some ideas what to try next.

Btw, for me disabling the exclusive mode didn't make any difference, but the problem could be seen better: Every time the picture was stuttering, it was also tearing.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    same problem

but how is it solved by the refreshrate ? using a powerstrip tool ?

I was getting stuttering (more like a freeze frame for 2 sec) when dvd movie cuts to another scene. always at the same place

I don t understand how a refresh settings would fix it, I get this problem on a old crt monitor

but not using the hardware rendering settings does correct it for me

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well... I am in "PAL"-land so I have forced my TV to do 1080P@50Hz. It was 60. Don't think this has anything to do with my problem, but there is no question that using correct ref.rate is of importance to PQ.

fromaron

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    I've installed the latest PureVideo, running 1080i mode and don't see much improvement to the problem. The hardware acceleration is ON and I have 8400GS PCI-E card.
    I've seen a note in the wiki page that the PureVideo doesn't decode high definition contents. Is it still the case or information there a bit outdated?

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    I also have this problem. Using purevideo and if OSD or Channellist are open in fullscreen tv it stuttering.
    If HW acceleration is disable there are no stuttering but too many cpu load. VMR9 Exclusive mode is enable.
    The stuttering problem are allways HW acceleration are on but i want it for lower cpu load.
    some news about this ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom