Stuttering TV with PureVideo codec.. (1 Viewer)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    We have a similar post to the above around here somewhere. There is an MS patch in that post if you don't want to mess up your directx installation. unfortunately, it is only for English OS. This is sadly a common problem with XP. Vista doesn't have it, but there are a bunch of other problems with that OS.

Matty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    diehard2,

I did actually try the English version "fix" but it did not resolve the stuttering/blurry effect of sports action on my system. I tried the older version of quartz.dll in desperation and have been very pleased with the results.

I have a couple of other minor issues but generally MP is pretty stable now.

Matty

Sentinel

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2006
    Hungary
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Thx

I dont use the windows update feature, my first step after install the disable this, because many times i get only trouble with the updates:)

I copy this quartz.dll to the two directory. I hope this helps.

Another codecs gives in my opinion not so good picture quality.

Sentinel

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2006
    Hungary
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I get no more stuttering, but i get little async in the video (this is older problem for me),

have anybody idea what is the problem or have anybody same effect? I see the picture have slower reaction time (this is very little 1-2 msec, but if i see human speak on the screen, i see this is not good)

I use video and audio codec from nVidia.

my videocard ATI Radeon x1650PRO or my system is too slow? or this is configuration problem? or exist another good quality video codec?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Finally found way for me to get rid of stuttering with Purevideo Decoder:

From Purevideo settings I changed VMR Default -> VMR Vertical stretch and the stutter was gone.

VMR Pixel Adaptive stutters too.

GPU: Intel X3500 (integrated on Intel G35 chipset board)

1080p@50Hz (viewing DVB-C SD PAL material in Finland)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom