Subtitle issue (1 Viewer)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have an issue with file "The Americans S01E01.m2ts". When playing through MP TV-series or Videos (which both use the internal videoplayer) the subtitles look like this (inverted, black is white and vice versa):
The Americans 1.jpg

When played inside a Blu Ray structure through Moving Pictures (thus using the internal Blu Ray player) the result is this:

The Americans 2.jpg

Same file, different players, different output. Both players use the LAV filters. When played in MPC or Power DVD the subs look fine. All other TV-series play ok in both players in MP, only "The Americans" fails. Source is the original BD with PGS subtitle-format.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have see recently such of subtitle, but didn't look closer, it can be LAV bug or something else lol and i was trying a bluray (so .m2ts)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I just do some test :
    When it failed, its when m2ts are played by LAV Splitter.
    When using internal bluray (BDReader), it's ok.
    HTPC that is. (Nvidia - Nvidia Cuvid).

I need to test on DEV PC to compare but it can be LAV splitter recent change.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Sebastiii for your replies.
    If I understand correctly, a roll-back of LAV to a previous version could be a temporary workaround? Can an older version of LAV be downloaded somewhere?[DOUBLEPOST=1443464866][/DOUBLEPOST]Another thought: why would this issue only occur with "The Americans" and not with all other TV-series I've remuxed from BD? I can't see any difference between The Americans and any other series. So why would that alleged bug in LAV splitter only show in that specific series?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, it could be nice to know if older LAV version fix the issue and if yes a sample can be send to nevcairiel (if we are sure that it's not a MP fault) :p

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried LAV 0.63, 0.64, 0.65 (which I was using) and the newest 0.66. All the same: issue still present.
    @Rick: I wasn't aware I'm using DirectVobSub. How can I tell what version I have and how do I proceed to change it (if needed) to 3.0.0.306?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried LAV 0.63, 0.64, 0.65 (which I was using) and the newest 0.66. All the same: issue still present.
    @Rick: I wasn't aware I'm using DirectVobSub. How can I tell what version I have and how do I proceed to change it (if needed) to 3.0.0.306?

Most players will use DirectVobSub or some fork of it, Mediaportal uses a different subtitle engine (MPC-DirectVobsub) by default which would explain why you're getting different results.

- Under Mediaportal configuration go to Videos on the left, select the Subtitle tab and DirectVobSub (if available) and click the Advanced button:

DvobSub_1.PNG

- Click on the About tab and it will show the version:

DvobSub_2.PNG

// Update - added installer

Automatic install option courtesy of Zoom Player (recommended)

- Install DirectVobSub using this installer:

http://1drv.ms/1KHDNhl

- Afterwards re-open Mediaportal configuration and check the version number like in the first few steps to make sure it's being used.

Manual install

For upgrading to 3.0.0.6 first uninstall DirectVobSub from the Control panel -> Programs and Features if that is present, since xyVSfilter doesn't have a official installer best to follow these steps:

- Download the 32 bit build:

https://github.com/Cyberbeing/xy-VSFilter/releases/download/3.0.0.306/xy-VSFilter_3.0.0.306_x86.zip

- Extract the contents to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DirectVobSub" (create DirectVobSub folder if non-existant).

- Open an Administrative Command Prompt (right click command prompt -> Run as administrator)

- Run this command in the command prompt:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\DirectVobSub\VSFilter.dll"

- Afterwards re-open Mediaportal configuration and check the version number like in the first few steps to make sure it's being used.

- Enjoy high quality subtitles ! :)

xy-VSFilter has parts of MPC / VSfilter (classic) so can recommend it as a drop in replacement for both.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    xy-VSFilter works but i think it break DXVA from video decoder lol.
    I have retry on DEV PC and subs are broken with MPC Engine (but not on all BD/m2ts) so i'm trying to test very latest LAV source code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom