1.12.0 Subtitle not automatically turned on (1 Viewer)

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
Of course:
Here are the logs. They show a couple of successful channelchanges with correct subtitles, but the last change showed as none.
I cleared the old logs before I did the test. By the way, I'm using Argus, but this problem was present back when I used TV-Server also.

xppx

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I have added for testing : (will create a branch today based on 1.13 Pre release) (but like it's a feature, it will not be available for 1.13 final but i will be able to create a branch for final)
The new option : 'Subtitles will be auto loaded by first available'

View attachment 172366

For people discovering - like me - that subtitles without locale (extra extension denoting the language) are not supported anymore as of Mediaportal 1.13, I would like to make a remark on the post of Sebastii.

First of all, thank you for your explanation and pointing out that subtitles now need to have a mandatory language code.

e.g. For Dutch: the subtitle "movie_name.srt" now becomes "movie_name.nl.srt"

Btw. You can find all language codes here: http://www.science.co.il/Language/Locale-codes.asp

However the new option : 'Subtitles will be auto loaded by first available' is not guaranteed to work as intended.
In case of MKV, it will first look inside the mkv container and only if it does not find any subtitle in there, it will start to look for an external one.

So in case you have an iTunes mkv with embedded subtitle in English, it will always show that subtitle first with above option.

If the intention of that option is to show subtitles added to a movie (or series- or tv-episode) - and as such provide an option that mitigates the regression - then it should look for an external subtitle first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom