doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    hm, strange.
    if you delete (or temporarily move it elsewhere) does it work? and if so, can you pm me that xml?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Ok, the xml file itself seems fine.
    However after closer inspection of the log, "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\SubtitleDownloaders\OpenSubtitlesConfiguration.xml" wurde verweigert" stands out.

Are you sure the user running mediaportal has the correct access to that file?

Can you also please check if there's a copy of that file in the virtualstore somewhere? That happens (for backwards compatibility) when you write to a file in the programfiles as a non-admin user.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I'm running Windows 10, writing and creating a file in the Program Files folder is only allowed for administrators and MediaPortal is running from a normal user account without administrator privileges. So if the plugin needs write access to this file it will lead to an error, obviously.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    i get that. at least in win7 it creates a file in the virtualstore for this scenario. don't know if win10 also has this compatibility-shm.
    but as I understood from your logs, subtitledownloader only reads from that file. Can you check if a normal user is able to read that xml?

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Yes, reading is no problem.

Just for testing I started MP as administrator and it is working. But this is no solution.

Needs MP to write to the file? If not then reading permissions should be enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    doskabouter [Question] SubtitleDownloader Developer Discussions 56