Support for Ape and Flac cue files (1 Viewer)

igor_uk

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Hi.

I'm very happy with the current approach to the support of the cue files for audio content in the latest SVN.
However, I have a request for small feature (or bug report?).
The problem appears when cue file is pointing to non-existing audio file for entire album or track. MP displays all tracks it in the list, but obviously can't play them. Would be much better if such tracks won't appear at all.

Btw. When error message appears and I press enter to close it, MP not just closes the message box, but also jumps to the next track.

Thanks.

If I understand you correctly I have exactly the same issue with my files - lots of errors when playing cue files, although the sound does appear correctly.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    If I understand well, this is the right place to post bug reports about .cue sheet support added in MP 1.0.1.

I use Helium Music Manager to tag my mp3 files. I use "subtrack" feature to add subtrack info to tag of a ripped CD into one mp3 file. Once I've added this info, I export it to .cue file, so MP can use it (MP can't read subtrack info from tag, AFAIK). If I navigate to this directory using My Music, there's no track listed, and I get this error.log:

Code:
    2009-04-17 09:34:35.782000 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIMusicFiles: An error occured while loading the directory La longitud no puede ser inferior a cero.
    Nombre del parámetro: length

I've compared .cue file generated by Helium and other .cue files I've got (generated by EAC after ripping) and work well, and I found that the first one doesn't have "MP3" at the end of "FILE" line...

Generated by Helium
    Code:
    FILE "whatever.mp3"

Generated by EAC
    Code:
    FILE "whatever.mp3" MP3

Should I "complain" to Helium developers? Is this a bug you should fix? :p

Thank you so much for your effort.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi peque!

Generated by EAC
    Code:
    FILE "whatever.mp3" MP3

The EAC generated Cuesheet has the right syntax! The command "file" specifies the kind of files to be burned to CD or to listen!

For more help about Cuesheets, take a look to this site (unfortunately its in german) -> Link

Best regards

Helios

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    So... I'll contact Helium devs to point out this issue, as "MP3" as datatype is a must as standard says. In the meanwhile, I'll have to edit manually the cuesheets generated by Helium...

Thanks!

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    peque may I suggest cuetools:
    CUETools 1.9.5 - Hydrogenaudio Forums
    It has got a file name corrector that should do what you need. The app has a batch mode that can correct a batch of cue sheets at once.
    Though I'm not 100% certain if it works for .mp3 but I think it should.

I used it to correct file names and it changed the WAV into APE. (Did the ripping with dbpa to mokeys audio - APE extension and created the cue sheets with EAC).

If using no/lossless compression audio CueTools can even do a lot more things:
    * Check if CD has been ripped accurately
    * Detection of HDCD
    * Offset correcion, if the CD has been ripped with the wrong offset

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    boy, if you open a can of worms. :)

never heard of that. will have a look.

you can always disable cue sheet support by removing the cue extension from config.

Just for the records - with the cue type I use "Multiple Files With Gaps (Noncompliant)" from EAC I did run into some problems / strange behaviour, now as cue sheets are supported.
    I did then delete the .cue extention from the supported file types list and then everything worked normal again. :D

Users who are viewing this thread