Support for Ape and Flac cue files (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Helmut!

Must be some other error on your side.
    I crosschecked using the Debugger. If .cue is removed from the extensions, then no scan happens.
    if it is added, then the scan is done.

You are right! After deleting the Database and creating a new one all works fine!
    Bur another Question: The TimeLine with of the last Track of the cuesheet shows me not the right time! Time line shows the Time of the whole file! I attach a screenshot and the cuesheet!

Best regards

Helios

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    seems because it is the last file of the cue.

Check, if you have the correct time for other files in the cue set.

Edit: Confirmed. The total time for the last track of a cue is displayed wrong. will look into it by tommorow morning.

xuxo

Portal Member
    February 6, 2008
    Great news, that cue sheets are now supported!

:D

Question: is there also support for embedded cue sheets (i.e in flac files)?

Best regards

xuxo

Portal Member
    February 6, 2008
    ah, ok! maybe it will be supported in the future ;)

Anyway it's still a great improvement. I'm curious about it and looking foward to have the final 1.01 running on my httpc!!

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I do store my CDs as individual (per track) .ape files in folders and include a cue sheet per CD. I use dbpoweramp for ripping and EAC to create the cue sheets.
    The correct cue type I use therefore is Multiple Files With Gaps (Noncompliant) of EAC.
    See: EAC and Cue Sheets - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase
    This allows me to make a most exact copy possible later on.
    The cue sheet only gives little extra information.
    * That is the Pause length between the tracks (My stand alone CD Player eg. shows a "P" in front of the count down track time during the pause time. )
    * UPC and IRSC Data (mostly on newer CDs)

Can MediaPortal interpret/handle the Multiple Files With Gaps (Noncompliant) type of cue sheets?
    What happens if MediaPortal finds cue sheet + individual files - could this cause problems?
    Can I disable cue sheets in MediaPortal if this causes problems in my case?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    boy, if you open a can of worms. :)

never heard of that. will have a look.

you can always disable cue sheet support by removing the cue extension from config.

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No need to worry - MediaPortal really does not need to support this type of cue sheet as it should give no advantage during playback.
    Most important for me is, that if I run into problems with my type of storing CDs I simply deactivate .cue (in the future version of MP that supports cue)
    Thank's for the info 'bout that hwahrmann!

If you're interested in cue stuff here is a really nice application - CueTools:
    CUETools 1.9.5 - Hydrogenaudio Forums

It allows converting different cue styles in other ones (single/multiple files different audio codecs...) and some other nice stuff like accurate rip verification of an already ripped CD + possible wrong offset detection if the CD is in the AR database, HDCD detection ...

mts1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    RE: patch 1890201

Hi.

I'm very happy with the current approach to the support of the cue files for audio content in the latest SVN.
    However, I have a request for small feature (or bug report?).
    The problem appears when cue file is pointing to non-existing audio file for entire album or track. MP displays all tracks it in the list, but obviously can't play them. Would be much better if such tracks won't appear at all.

Btw. When error message appears and I press enter to close it, MP not just closes the message box, but also jumps to the next track.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread