Support for new DefaultWideHD (5 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    The weather info. that is displayed at the top of the homescreen when the Weather Lite icon is in the centre (see attached screenshot from my desktop PC) has disappeared on my HTPC.:( It happened sometime after lnstalling a test version from the Madvr branch (was working initially) which is based on MP 1.16pr and is still not working after a further test version upgrade and a complete uninstall/delete/reinstall of the Weather Lite plugin, which is otherwise working OK when selected. I have no idea what caused the problem or how to correct it, neither has Sebastiii.:eek:
    Any hints or tips would be much appreciated.;)
    wwl.jpg

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have just upgraded from MP 1.12 to 1.16 pre (specifically to get the Online videos upgrade to Amazon Prime UK) and therefore have had to use this new skin. With the previous version (which my wife had got really used to!) it was easy to create a new TV Wish directly from inside the TV EPG. Were it possible I would have kept the old skin.

However.....

This specific function doesn't seem to be working in my installation. Have I missed out something? Or is this a function that is no longer supported in this new version. TVWishlist itself is working fine - it's only the integration I seem to be missing.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Overlapping Text on "Recording Conflict" Panel
    I was using MP 1.16 final on Windows Vista, and noticed the following:

(1) The first screenshot shows the panel when there is only one tuner in the system (or only one tuner enabled). This is OK.
    (2) The second screenshot shows the panel when there are two tuners in the system (or two tuners enabled). Text overlaps.

One tuner
    one_tuner.png

Two tuners
    two_tuners.png

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Overlapping Text on "Recording Conflict" Panel
    Nice finding - as I only have one tuner, this never showed ;) Will have a look and report back ;)
    I actually discovered this problem in my modifications to the old "DefaultWide" skin. I wondered whether my changes had caused this problem, which is why I checked "DefaultWideHD" in 1.16f. I have been playing around today with my modified skin, and arrived at this:

recording_conflict_scrollable.jpg

Some points:

(1) The panel probably ought to be designed to handle more than one or two tuners. I originally had eight tuners (a consequence of my first HTPC using WMC), but two no longer work. However, that still leaves me with six tuners. Although it is a rare occurrence, I have a few times caused the "Recording Conflict" panel to appear. :eek:

(2) I have interchanged the list of actions and the list of programmes. This means that if the user has only one or two tuners, the empty black space will occupy the lower half of the panel, and will not separate the programme list from the action list. MP already has many pop-up menus, context menus, and side menus where a lot of empty black space is present in the lower regions, so this change follows that convention. (y)

(3) The list of programmes is actually scrollable, so it is possible to see all of the conflicting recordings. I added the spin control to indicate that the list is scrollable, as there does not seem to be any other way of indicating this (neither "#selectedindex" nor "#itemcount" show the correct values :().

(4) It is possible to move the focus to a programme in the list and press the OK button. I would actually expect this to show the "Delete this Scheduled Item" dialogue, so that one could select which scheduled recording to unschedule. But it does not seem to work that way -- pressing OK does nothing! :eek:

(5) The screenshot shows that there are four pages in the scrollable list. This is because in the UK it is not obvious which MUX contains which channel, so I had to schedule seventeen concurrent programmes before the eighteeth programme caused the conflict panel to appear. Please don't assume that I actually record any of the programmes shown in the screenshot -- I scheduled them merely for testing purposes. :D

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Could you post the xml here pls, so I could use it as replacement for DWHD?
    I have attached a zip file below, but it will need editing for DWHD. Some points:

(1) My modified skin is based on the classic "DefaultWide", so I have named it "ClassicWide" (abbreviation: "CW").

(2) "DWHD" is 1920x1080, but "DW" and "CW" are 1280x720, so you will need to recalculate the positions and sizes.

(3) I use an idiosyncratic style for my XML files: I insert blank lines to improve readability, and add annotation to record why things are done in a particular way (if I don't do this, 3 months from now I will have absolutely no recollection of why I implemented something in a particular way). You probably want to undo all of this.

(4) To make my modified skin files appear adjacent to each other in my file manager, they all have names that begin "Cw". The "proper" MP files include my CW files. You will need to undo this too.

(5) If you can discover why "#selectedindex" and "#itemcount" appear not to work, please let me know. If they can be made to give the correct values, I would like to use them (to provide an item count "Item m/n").

Attachments

• recording_conflict.zip
      4.2 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    THX for the ZIP (y)
    Don´t worry, I know how to adapt to DWHD ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom