Support for new DefaultWideHD (2 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could you pls test this xml with DWHD and possibly post a screenshot so I can see whether it is OK or needs some more finetuning
    I have now tested the modified XML file on MP 1.16f. In all cases, the recording that triggered the conflict panel was on a MUX different from all of the existing scheduled recordings. I did these tests:

(1) One tuner enabled, one recording already scheduled.
    (2) One tuner enabled, six recordings on the same MUX already scheduled.
    (3) Six tuners enabled, six recordings each on a different MUX already scheduled.

For (3) I have shown the screenshot after scrolling the list of scheduled recordings.

one_tuner_one_mux_one_recording.jpg one_tuner_one_mux_six_recordings.jpg one_tuner_six_muxes_six_recordings_scrolled.jpg

I note that there is no indication that there may be one or more scheduled recordings off the bottom of the list, but I also note that "DefaultWideHD" eschews spin controls, so I suppose that the panel design is consistent with other panels in DWHD.

When I was modifying the panel layout for my "ClassicWide" skin, I actually tried the alternative actions. They work fine for the case of only one tuner, but do not really address the case of two or more tuners. However, I think that it is a functional deficiency in the MP Client and TV Server, and not a skin problem. I will open a thread in "Improvement Suggestions" to log the need for some improvement in this area.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Added the scrollbar, pls test again (with screenshots) please
    Something doesn't seem quite right. :confused: If we call the original version of the XML file "version 0" (v0), and the first fixed version v1, the version in the previous post is v2.

I downloaded v2 and started testing, but the results were identical to v0. I then looked at the XML source, and noticed that v2 was identical to v0 with the exception of the addition of various scrollbar tags. Is this what was intended?

I then created v3 by adding to v1 the scrollbar tags from v2. The results of testing produced identical results to v1, but no scroll bar was visible when the list was longer than the space available on the panel. I have screenshots, but they do not show anything new (I will post them if you want to see them).

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Make sure you activated "Show special mouse controls (scrollbars etc.)" in MP Config -> GUI -> options in lower panel
    I have retested with that option enabled. I have used my version 3 (== v1 + scrollbar), and have attached it at the end (your v2 still has overlapping text).

The screenshots look OK, but there is one oddity. If you look at the right edge of the pop-up background, about one quarter from the top, there is a light blue "thing" sticking out. It is actually the right half of the mouse hand for the list on the panel beneath the pop-up. Slightly increasing the width of the pop-up background would overlay the "thing" completely, and stop users thinking that there was something wrong.

3_one_tuner_one_mux_one_recording.jpg 3_one_tuner_one_mux_six_recordings.jpg 3_one_tuner_one_mux_six_recordings_scrolled.jpg

Attachments

• conflict.zip
      1 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Can´t see it here
    The "sticky-out thing" is present only if the "Programme Info" panel has too many upcoming episodes to fit on one panel (which causes the scrollbar to appear). If all of the upcoming episodes fit on the panel, the scrollbar is omitted and there is no sticky-out thing.

here the hopefully final version - made the menu background 20 px wider
    Umm, not yet. Unfortunately, you increased the width of the title text, whereas you should have increased the width of the context background. I did test your version (v4), but the sticky-out thing was still visible. I then modified v3 to increase the width of the context background by 22 pixels (the amount by which you had increased the title width in v4), to create v5 (included below). The sequence of "Programme Info" panels (for one tuner, six recordings already scheduled) then looks like this:

5_programme_info_1.jpg 5_programme_info_2.jpg 5_programme_info_3.jpg

-- from Cyber "Eagle-Eyes" Simian in the UK

Attachments

• conflict.zip
      1 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure if this is in fact a DWHD problem but:- Changing the Autoplay settings (DWHD Home screen >Settings>General>Autoplay) has no effect for any of the media types. I have to go to MP Config>DVD Discs/Images>Autoplay to change the settings. Furthermore the state of the MP Config. Autoplay settings are not reflected correctly in those shown in the Home screen settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom