The fonts registration did not help. But I have found that we can just include the reference to #scroll.wrap into myHome.xml via BasicHomeHelper.xml (same way you have it in PureVisionHD) and it works fine now, the problem has gone. I have attached my files, but you can probably can do it better.
In my system I use the attached png files due to different reasons:
The original OSDBG7.png shape is not quite straight and I am not sure if this is intentional.
The original blue chaptermarker.png does not show a good contrast to me. The stretched ovals look somewhat different for different chapter lengths. And the actual width of the original oval shape is 24 pixels instead of 40 pixels to represent the actual start and end of the chapters.
Sometimes I make screenshots, so I personally prefer the invisible video-pause.png. And when you press "pause" button on your remote, the OSD shows it is going to be pause anyways.
These files are, of course, a matter of personal choice. I just wanted to share in case somebody wanted to try them.
With the new xml files from 331038_New_OSDs_for_DefaultWideHD.zip I noticed a strange problem - scrolling "#latestMediaHandler.tvrecordings.active.count" text appears on top of the rec.png texture when TV recording is taking place. It looks like the text is coming from tvOverlay.xml. I tried the old version of tvOverlay.xml - the problem disappears.