Support for new DefaultWideHD (1 Viewer)

Bernard

Portal Pro
March 5, 2012
Centurion
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi catavolt!

I love the theme! I just installed the new MP v1.13 and this is now the default skin. Thanks to the introduction in the first post, with the instructions of how to customise the homescreen I quickly set it up to suite my needs. This is the first skin that allows me to jump directly to a "tag" list in TV-Series! I tried it with Titan-Extended when they were still going strong, but the feature never worked. So I didn't have high hopes when I saw that your skin also support that. But it actually worked!

I use tags to group my series into lists of what I'm watching vs. what me and my wife watch together. So I can quickly see if new episodes are available for these series.

I have a few points that is bothering me, that I would like to share:

1) This is a bug: I noticed that on Moving Pictures, when I use the "list" view and highlight an entry on the right, it shows a circle with the view count on the inside... when I then "Enter" on this movie, I see the more details page, but this circle with the view count stays on the screen. So it basically sits behind the text on any of the "details" pages. Once I play the trailer and the video ends, the icon is removed.

2) I used to look through my "All Movies" list for any movies that I have not yet watched, they clearly were showed in a different color in the list, but now with this skin, all entries are the same color with no distinction for the "watched" movies. I have no suggestion, but if possible can you do something that differentiate the entries?

3) On the carousel or vertical view of the home screen, the text of the menu items are very hard to read on the image backgrounds. Until you select an entry and it gets the gray background behind the text. Could it be possible to always have a background behind the text? Even if it is a slight different color? The same goes for the "sub-menu" options. I have to scroll through them to find the one I want, since the text is unreadable while they are not the focussed item.

Other than that I can see that you did a lot of hard work on this skin and I appreciate it!

Regards,
Bernard

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
June 22, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo,

a few questions about the new skin:

1)
If I add the "Game Menu" with the Basic Home Editor, this button shows me all available game plug-ins. Not only for those which are installed/enabled.

2)
Minidisplay (Soundgraph IMON) doesn't show me the names for the main menu buttons (like "Videos", "Pictures", "TV"...). Only "#hedit.main.use.4".

3)
If I switch from DefaultWide HD to Titan, and then back to DefaultWide HD, I lost my Basic Home configuration?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1) This is a bug: I noticed that on Moving Pictures, when I use the "list" view and highlight an entry on the right, it shows a circle with the view count on the inside... when I then "Enter" on this movie, I see the more details page, but this circle with the view count stays on the screen. So it basically sits behind the text on any of the "details" pages. Once I play the trailer and the video ends, the icon is removed.
    Fixed ;)
    2) I used to look through my "All Movies" list for any movies that I have not yet watched, they clearly were showed in a different color in the list, but now with this skin, all entries are the same color with no distinction for the "watched" movies. I have no suggestion, but if possible can you do something that differentiate the entries?
    Will try a better colour ;)
    3) On the carousel or vertical view of the home screen, the text of the menu items are very hard to read on the image backgrounds. Until you select an entry and it gets the gray background behind the text. Could it be possible to always have a background behind the text? Even if it is a slight different color? The same goes for the "sub-menu" options. I have to scroll through them to find the one I want, since the text is unreadable while they are not the focussed item.
    I thought the icons are self-explaining even without text ;) But will see what I can do ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    3)
    If I switch from DefaultWide HD to Titan, and then back to DefaultWide HD, I lost my Basic Home configuration?
    Should not be :confused:
    1)
    If I add the "Game Menu" with the Basic Home Editor, this button shows me all available game plug-ins. Not only for those which are installed/enabled.
    Will have a look ;)
    2)
    Minidisplay (Soundgraph IMON) doesn't show me the names for the main menu buttons (like "Videos", "Pictures", "TV"...). Only "#hedit.main.use.4".
    Strange, should show the real name instead ;)

Casal

Portal Member
    December 12, 2008
    Hennef/Sieg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo Catavolt,

hab noch einen kleinen Schönheitsfehler bei der Musikwiedergabe gefunden,
    in der unteren Anzeige wird Titel, Titelnr., Jahr und Spieldauer doppelt dar gestellt
    kann man somit nicht mehr richtig lesen.

Grafik1.gif

und an dieser Stelle auch nochmal ein riesen "Dankeschön" von meiner Seite, auch ich habe jetzt endlich den richtigen Skin für mich gefunden.

Lieben Gruß,
    Uwe

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think I have found a problem with the DefaultWideHD 1.13.0 skin once a program has been marked for recording; the mouse cannot activate a program marked for recording while the ENTER key does work.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Tony

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    super Skin, vielen vielen Dank.

aber eine Frage

umschaltpfeil.png
    der Pfeil im TVzap -OSD ist der beabsichtigt bzw. was macht der da - kann der was? ^^

Attachments

• pause.PNG
      pause.PNG
      73.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom