Support for Philips Hue System (3 Viewers)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just a thought ... if you plan to include several options like brightness, color correction, saturation, Type of HUE connected ... per LED (1,2,3,...) would going for a setup-tool creating a xml holding the configuration be a way to go?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep definitely want to make it a XML config as that will allow moving the configurations more easily, currently using the built-in Microsoft configuration method which is pretty bad as that ties to Application ids and can break with future updates.
    Already added a general method for refreshing settings so once its running stable I can convert those to an XML setup :) , also gonna have a nice tray icon so that it can run in the background.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I've been a Mediaportal user for long time but only got my Hue lights yesterday(Hue Bloom starters kit). I've read the whole thread and like the project but can't get it to work.

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64 with Mediaportal 1.9 final. I've just started Atmo hue and selected "running Windows 8". After that Clicked "Locate and register to Hue bridge" I got the messages: Bridges found using SSDP discovery method: 10.0.0.20:80 and HUE has been initialized on STARTUP. After that I tried color test but nothing happens. The log windows don't give any more information.

I'm I doing something wrong or am I missing something? As far as I can see there is no documentation of how the application works right?

I've included a screenshot of how my Atmo Hue window looks like. The version I'm using is the latest from this thread.

I hope someone can help me getting it to work.

Attachments

• atmohue.png
      atmohue.png
      154.5 KB

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    I'm I doing something wrong or am I missing something?
    exact same situation here. No idea why it is not working
    Hi, Thank you for your reply so maybe i'm not doing anything wrong. The hue lights do work fine when using the android app or the Logitech harmony app.

Maybe someone can give a little tutorial on what should be done to get it to work. I would love to try this out!

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    so the build-in colorrotation doesn't work or teh connection to atmowin - if it's atmowin you need to use teh modified amtmowin exe to crete the required file (for now)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I haven't installed Atmowin at all just Atmo Hue. I will give it a try if it works. Is there anything else I need to get it working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom