Support for Philips Hue System (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Gonna check a few things and let you guys know, btw does it work if you use the default appname and keyname like this:

4x0GrfQ.png

and then click locate bridge with Auto-connect enabled.

edit:

Checked the image rotate and color tests and those work over here (2 blooms at once), you can try with "Enable debug" checked to see if any errors popup.
    Did find one bug that might affect new users, new version below:

Changelog

- Initial registration to Hue was send twice for initial start.
    - Make sure you have enabled "Auto-connect checked" , restart AtmoHue after enabling that setting (for now).

Download AtmoHue 0.0021
    http://1drv.ms/1pbRI8d

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Download:
    Atmowin - Hue mod:
    http://1drv.ms/1Eh92g4

Place the new AtmowinA.exe in your Atmowin folder but make an backup of the old file before you overwrite as there might be some bugs.
    Got it working! I think I was missing AtmoWin. I also unchecked running windows 8 checkbox.

I'm wondering how I can make this auto start with mediaportal. I mean atmowin is just a plugin so I guess this will go fine but atmo hue has to be started manually right everytime I reboot my pc?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Got it working! I think I was missing AtmoWin. I also unchecked running windows 8 checkbox.

I'm wondering how I can make this auto start with mediaportal. I mean atmowin is just a plugin so I guess this will go fine but atmo hue has to be started manually right everytime I reboot my pc?

Awesome :)
    That will come later as this is still a rough version (beta), next week is gonna be interface cleanup to make the options more clear and tray icons etc..

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great! thank you very much for this great plugin! I'm looking forward to a version which can auto start etc:)

Another question, does it even matter what device I select in atmowin since I only have Hue lights?

As far as I understand amtowin gets the correct colors from the screen and atmo hue sets this colors on the lights right?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did that. But is meant literally, there is nothing happening, not even in the log window
    Edit: Same with v0021

Added some old debug functions back in, do not use the below version with Atmowin enabled as you will flood the logs in no time ;)
    To make it easier to figure out why its not working can you do the following:

- Screenshot of your AtmoHue window
    - Hue setup (blooms/strips etc..) and amount of devices, just in case I missed something
    - Make sure you set it to the correct LED id in Hue "Lights use", the option "All" isn't recommended anymore so best to select the ID there.

Also documentation is on the to-do list as well as all the information is spread out in this thread at the moment which can make it a bit confusing :)

Changelog

- Debug options re-enabled.

Download AtmoHue 0.0021D (DEBUG version)
    http://1drv.ms/1tpUXHF[DOUBLEPOST=1414785340][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Great! thank you very much for this great plugin! I'm looking forward to a version which can auto start etc:)

Another question, does it even matter what device I select in atmowin since I only have Hue lights?

As far as I understand amtowin gets the correct colors from the screen and atmo hue sets this colors on the lights right?

For the moment the only devices that work are "Mini-DMX" and "Dummy", it indeed reads all the color information (R/G/B) from Atmowin and forwards that to the Hue Bridge (with some color corrections).
    Atmowin support is still a bit experimental as it's a bit slow to process in combination with AtmoHue, more focused on integrating it with AtmoLight at the moment and so far the results have been much better with response and color correctness.

But gonna add that all in a how to once I finish the documentation :)

Last edited:

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Screenshot of your AtmoHue window
    upload_2014-10-31_21-27-30.png

Hue setup (blooms/strips etc..) and amount of devices, just in case I missed something
    3 Blooms, one living white adapter and one Aura with remote which is enabled to switch all devices on and off.

Make sure you set it to the correct LED id in Hue "Lights use", the option "All" isn't recommended anymore so best to select the ID there.
    Tested 1 to 5 without success

Maybe my system is too messed up with the non-Hue devices. But the App and WinHue are working fine though...

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had the same problem with not able to connect again with the new version. Seems I had to close the app. Push the button on the hue bridge and start the app and click locate and register. Not sure if this was just coincidence or the fix. Maybe it will help someone else.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Atmolight + AtmoHue - Test version

Below is a small how to and attached an early test version for AtmoLight made by our team which among other things brings AtmoHue support.

Step 1
    Install attached MPEI file (double click on machine which runs Mediaportal)

Step 2
    Select the AtmoLight plugin and press Config

VL16u7n.png

Step 3
    Tick the Hue option, can keep the rest default but would change “Disable Leds between” to 0:00 and 00:00 as otherwise the leds will stay off between 08:00 and 21:00.

otl77vY.png

Step 4
    The default settings are fine but just in case make sure they look like this

uBgnKaz.png

Step 5
    Input the leds you want to use (comma separated list), for more than you can input them like this “1,2,3” which will enable leds 1/2/3.
    The App name and key you can keep default, tick the “Enable remote API” box and make sure your settings look the same.

0cSlJPi.png

Step 6
    Make sure AtmoHue remains running and start Mediaportal, start your media and your Hue lights should turn on :)[DOUBLEPOST=1414788173][/DOUBLEPOST]
    View attachment 157043

3 Blooms, one living white adapter and one Aura with remote which is enabled to switch all devices on and off.

Tested 1 to 5 without success

Maybe my system is too messed up with the non-Hue devices. But the App and WinHue are working fine though...

Bit odd, if it reports the colors it means it has processed the command correctly so it could reach your bridge.
    Make sure any other Hue apps (phone etc..) are closed before sending commands and like @killer8 mentioned AtmoHue might need a restart as the connect/register part needs a bit of work :)

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.13.101.0.mpe1
      399.4 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom