Support for Philips Hue System (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah right, totally forgot to mention that part :censored:
    It works the same as the android/iOS app as it needs permission from your bridge (the button), only need to do that once though as it ties it to the app and key name.
    Gonna add that to the docs (y)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good to hear it's fixed:)

The atmolight plugin mpe1 you posted also includes atmowin. Is it still needed or can I deinstall it?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    AtmoWin isn't needed for that setup :)

In the Step 4 configuration you can also tweak the minimal color difference, this prevents flickering as minimal color differences are skipped and value of around 30 worked best for me.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't think I'm really able to remove it. I've removed it now but in AtmoLight setup the path in Atmowin tab is wrong now so I'm not able to save anymore.Even when I uncheck start and stop atmowin with mediaporta.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you make the path completely empty it will allow you to save as it expects a valid location, having AtmoWin installed can't hurt though as it runs from its own folder (and own xml config).

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, that did the trick.

I did some testing witht he atmolight version, and I must say it's great! It's working quite fast with 2 lights and it looks really cool, working much better then the atmowin version.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good to hear :D
    Currently it uses safe settings as to not flood the bridge but you can try lowering the "Hue Send Delay" and "Transition" to make it faster, depending on network speeds and the number of lights results will vary.

One of the things I need to look at is the color correctness for all the Hue types (bloom/strips/bulb) as I can't find any good C# or similar code examples for those that I can tie in the current method (color coordinates).
    If someone knows where I can find those please let me know :)

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cool, will give it a try:) Will it work when I drop atmo hue in startup folder of windows to make it start after a reboot automatically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom