Support for Philips Hue System (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Oké thanks. But the one which gets the colors from the screen and adjust the lights to it in video mode was also working. I guess you missed that one or will it be disabled from now on?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep you're right (forgot a few actually :p ) , the list of working modes for Hue are:

GIFReader,
    LEDsDisabled,
    MediaPortalLiveMode,
    StaticColor,
    VUMeter,
    VUMeterRainbow

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah Oké cool! Haven't seen vu meter yet I guess this is for music. I will give it a try once it gets released. Keep up the good work!

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New version below:

Changelog

- Corrected Blue color aka the Na'vi fix
    - No longer locks your bridge, let me know if this affects performance
    - Revamped UI
    - Shiny new logo
    - Color temperature added ( use 154 - 500 range where 500 is the warmest)
    - In the experimental tab you have a option to tweak the color coordinates, it does this based on the X/Y/Z on a color map:

http://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/core-concepts

Settings of those are saved on close but added the default values above it so you guys can restore them if need be, if you can post the device (bulb/bloom etc..) and settings used afterwards that had the best color correctness I'll incorporate those in to the app.

Download AtmoHue 0.0025
    http://1drv.ms/1o0rnsQ

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Changelog

- Added option to only set brightness on the first color information you send from AtmoHue to the Hue Bridge, this allows you to override the brightness via other Hue apps.

Download AtmoHue 0.0026
    http://1drv.ms/1pekiFW

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great! I will test as soon as I'm home tonight. I will post some feedback after testing.

Something to notice for other users I removed redist 2013 this morning because I only installed it to be used by atmowin. Since atmowin is not needed anymore I thought I could remove it. But after this the live adjustments based on videos didn't work anymore. So if anyone else experience this, be aware.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Nice progress :)

two things I see:

- for whatever reason when atmowin is not running but started with MP AtmoHue does not get Data (can't read it?) - keeps getting 0,0,0,0. When I start Atmowin manually before MP starts (and also even keeping Atmowin autotsrating with MP - what in fact shoudl create a error but it doesn't) it works.

- when getting the Data I get short "flashes" between each color - the longer the set delay is the flashes are fanishing

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice progress :)

two things I see:

- for whatever reason when atmowin is not running but started with MP AtmoHue does not get Data (can't read it?) - keeps getting 0,0,0,0. When I start Atmowin manually before MP starts (and also even keeping Atmowin autotsrating with MP - what in fact shoudl create a error but it doesn't) it works.
    Are you using AtmoLight with Atmowin or is this with Atmowin alone using its live view mode?
    Atmowin support in AtmoHue is still a bit flaky though so you could try the test version of AtmoLight plugin posted here as that one works very well already, easier to setup and getting good response times :)
    UI has changed a bit but the options are named the same so shouldn't matter much for the guide.

- when getting the Data I get short "flashes" between each color - the longer the set delay is the flashes are fanishing

Noticed that before as well and goes away at around 250ms transition speed, weird thing is sometimes it will work correctly at 100ms not sure why but must be something done by the bridge (capped or just maxing out).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom