Support for Philips Hue System (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think there is a problem with the colors. Atleast when I use static color: 0 : 0 : 255 it should be blue but instead it is violet.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Correct, Philips calls that blue :p
    Need to tweak the color corrections to make it normal blue again but since I only have the Bloom it might not look the same on the other ones, gonna start on that first this weekend.

Overview of the way Philips handles it colors and the odd color space:

http://www.developers.meethue.com/documentation/core-concepts

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah oke that's clear. Hopefully you can make it look nicer like the android app for example.

Another problem. When I start mediaportal the light color changes nicely based on the video but when I just let mediaportal on the menu for some time(static color) and then start watching tv again the color of the lights doesn't change anymore. I have to restart mediaportal to get it working again. Is this config or a bug?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sounds like bug, so you selected a static color from the Mediaportal context menu and afterwards it wouldn't change colors even when starting new media via Mediaportal?

Btw at the moment when AtmoHue is running it "locks" the bridge so that other devices (Android/iOS etc..) can't send it new commands, this is done for testing and will of course change with future updates.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After your latest comment I'm not so sure anymore. I tried to adjust the brightness with my logitech harmony maybe this was the issue once. Maybe you can make a checkbox of the lock to enable and disable it. Since it would be nice if i'm still able to adjust the brightness with my harmony remote.

But the other times I just leave my htpc on the home screen and went to another room for some minutes(not sure how long 10-30 minutes or something) and when I came back and start watching tv the lights didn't adjust. I've included screenshots of my config anyway. I will keep testing and tell you incase I find out the exact scenario.

Attachments

• hue3.PNG
      hue3.PNG
      165.9 KB
    • hue2.PNG
      hue2.PNG
      258.8 KB
    • hue.PNG
      hue.PNG
      296.9 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, would change these options for now and see if that helps:

Menu/GUI -> "Disabled/Uitgeschakeld"
    Mediaportal afgesloten -> To "Disabled/Uitgeschakeld"

Think I'm gonna add a idle timeout or something similar so that it drops the lock if it doesn't receive any new info for a configurable amount of time.
    Looked over the code and couldn't find any obvious errors so will have to test it tomorrow :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you will give it a try.

Would it also be possible to let it control the hue by multiple devices, I mean let atmolight change the colors but let me change manually the brightness on my harmony. I think this is supported by hue since it works when both me and my girlfriend are connected and we change the settings of the lights through the android app or logitech harmony remote.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For static colors it should be possible but while watching media on Mediaportal I think it will get overwritten because the brightness gets included in every command it sends to the Hue, gonna play around a bit with that as well and see what happens if I don't include the brightness for instance.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've already searched over the forum but can't really find out what some modes in AtmoLight do. Most of them I understand but what does "External Live Mode" do? And what's the difference between "Colorchanger" and "Colorchanger LR"? Seems there is no real wiki available, or am I missing something?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    At the moment most are specific to Atmowin, the ones working for Hue are Static color and Disabled.
    @Lightning303 changed that today so only the ones supported are shown so for the upcoming version that will work better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom