SVT Play plugin (Swedish TV) (1 Viewer)

vboy

Portal Member
June 26, 2008
Växjö
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
thankyou

This was wonderful. Simply wonderful. Is there any chance of a similar plugin for VIASAT?

ohno

Portal Member
August 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
seems like svt has made some changes to svtplay lately. i guess they're defaulting on flash nowadays. old wmv streams work out just fine, but new (like the latest news) don't work.
for example mediaportal.log says it's trying to open "rtmp://fl1.c00928.cdn.qbrick.com/00928/_definst_/kluster/20081110/081110rapport1930", which doesn't work out at all.

http://fl1.c00928.cdn.qbrick.com/00928/_definst_/kluster/20081110/081110rapport1930.flv exist but is a zero byte file
and
http://fl1.c00928.cdn.qbrick.com/00928/_definst_/kluster/20081110/081110rapport1930.sfw don't exist at all.
gimme a hint on how to tackle this problem and i'll try to look in to the code. but i'm new (never tried it) to c#, so it'll will probably take me a couple of days..
/oskar

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I am more or less only using it to watch "Andra Avenyn" and these new episodes are working without any problems.
I am however not sure witch format they are using.

It would be nice also to have support for their new "Play Prima".

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
seems like svt has made some changes to svtplay lately. i guess they're defaulting on flash nowadays. old wmv streams work out just fine, but new (like the latest news) don't work.
for example mediaportal.log says it's trying to open "rtmp://fl1.c00928.cdn.qbrick.com/00928/_definst_/kluster/20081110/081110rapport1930", which doesn't work out at all.

Have you got Flash Video Splitter installed, and a flash codec?
Did flash videos work before, and now stopped working?

(I haven't even used my plugin since last year when I wrote it, so I might not be the best to answer your question...)

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have had some strange behaviour lately. I am always using this plugin to watch "Andra Avenyn".
The latest time it has been very random if it works or not.
I see the episode listings all the time but very often when I choose an episode I get into an empty list instead of that the episode is starting.

What is VERY strange is that this is not the same from time to time. Like yesterday I started episode 132 without any problems.
Then we decided to move to the bedroom and I had to restart MP.
Now episode 132 suddenly was an empty listing and no episode.

So one minute it is working the other it is not.

xmats

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Probably something silly I've missed, but I keep getting a popup error when trying to watch anything with this. Just installed FLVsplitter, but that did not help.

PopUp says "Failed to play video stream, Try disabling VMR9 for web in General Configuration"

I can't find any item to disable VMR9 for web in the config, so I'm stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this ?

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have had some strange behaviour lately. I am always using this plugin to watch "Andra Avenyn".
    The latest time it has been very random if it works or not.
    I see the episode listings all the time but very often when I choose an episode I get into an empty list instead of that the episode is starting.

What is VERY strange is that this is not the same from time to time. Like yesterday I started episode 132 without any problems.
    Then we decided to move to the bedroom and I had to restart MP.
    Now episode 132 suddenly was an empty listing and no episode.

So one minute it is working the other it is not.

Seeing the same thing here!

Would be nice if anybody could check this... My kids are dissapointed when a Barda episode is not working from time to time...

:D

MrMad

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2005
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I see that more than 800 have downloaded the latest version of SvtPlay, which is quite amazing for this hack of mine ;)
    I haven't realized it was still usable. But it seems some of you are using it and it is working fine even for Flash videos. I never got that to work at all.
    To be honest, I haven't really been using MediaPortal for a year. Last year I started to build a home theatre room in my house. It took a bit longer than I had anticipated...
    Anyway, the room was ready last week and I am setting up a new HTPC. With some luck, I will be running MediaPortal on my 127" screen within a few weeks :).
    Perhaps I will then start using my own plugin. If I do, I might start making corrections I find necessary, and you will benefit from that.
    It would be nice if someone would write a guide to how you get the Flash videos to work. I could add that to my initial post.
    It would also be nice to hear about errors you've found. I managed to recreate the "Andra Avenyn 132" error just now, I will look at it when I get some time (don't expect it to be anytime soon though).
    Also feel free to tell me some enhancement requests.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom