MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK, I just had to test it :p. What I did was the following:
Installed FLV splitter
Installed FFDSHOW and made sure it was enabled for FLV.
First I got no picture, just sound.
I entered MediaPortal Configuration and switched to "expert mode".
Clicked "DirectShow Filter Control" -> "Video Renderer Settings" and unchecked the "Use for playback of web streams" checkbox.
That fixed the problem.
Since I have got Vista I then switched to "Enhanced Video Renderer" instead. That also worked.

And about that problem with some of the videos ending up in an empty directory instead of in the video:
SvtPlay sometimes seems to give some embedded player page, but not every time.
Try to replace your SvtPlay dll with the attached one and see if it helps. It's just a quick test.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
:D MrMad, just tried it and it seems to work!

But then again the problem doesn't show every time, so perhaps too early to say...

But so far it works for me.

:D again for an excellent plugin!

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK, I just had to test it :p. What I did was the following:
Installed FLV splitter
Installed FFDSHOW and made sure it was enabled for FLV.
First I got no picture, just sound.
I entered MediaPortal Configuration and switched to "expert mode".
Clicked "DirectShow Filter Control" -> "Video Renderer Settings" and unchecked the "Use for playback of web streams" checkbox.
That fixed the problem.
Since I have got Vista I then switched to "Enhanced Video Renderer" instead. That also worked.

I am not sure if I can play Flash video but I have a little question regarding "Use for playback of web streams".
If I have this enable I do get OSD and better control actually. BUT the video quality is really bad. Any ideas why that is?

If I have it disabled I get good quality but I am missing out OSD.

I also have some other weird problem which I am not sure is MP or plugin bug.
Quite often the stream starts playing and I hear the sound in the background but no video and I am still seeing the MP menus and can browse.
If I then press fullscreen button on the remote I get also the video but I have absolutely no control of the video. NO pause or stop or minimize is working. All I can do now is to see to the end of the stream (which often is OK :)) or exit MP and restart.

Any clues about that?

And about that problem with some of the videos ending up in an empty directory instead of in the video:
Try to replace your SvtPlay dll with the attached one and see if it helps. It's just a quick test.

I didn't see that coming! Thanks alot! Seems like it is fixed! (And at the same time my g/f and I are sitting in the couch to see something I realise that it isn't fixed! LOL)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That fixed the problem.

I'm trying to play Kultur & Nöje/På Spåret 081128. It works using VMR9 with "Use for playback of web streams" both checked and unchecked but not using EVR :(

Checking the logs it looks like EVR is trying to play the stream as audio(?). Shouldn't the plugin play the same stream with both renderers?

VMR9:
    Code:
    2008-11-30 15:35:50.567061 [Info.][MPMain]: SvtPlay: Opening http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/player.jsp?a=1329821&d=100202
    2008-11-30 15:35:50.622721 [Info.][MPMain]: SvtPlayPlaying http://wm0.c90805.cdn.qbrick.com/90805/kluster/20081128/081128pasparet_fu384je.wmv
    2008-11-30 15:35:50.622721 [Info.][MPMain]: SvtPlay Playing video stream (using VMR9)

EVR:
    Code:
    2008-11-30 15:33:25.582200 [Info.][MPMain]: SvtPlay: Opening http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/player.jsp?a=1329821&d=100202
    2008-11-30 15:33:25.621260 [Info.][MPMain]: SvtPlayPlaying rtmp://fl1.c00928.cdn.qbrick.com/00928/_definst_/kluster/20081128/081128PASPARET_FU384JE
    2008-11-30 15:33:25.621260 [Info.][MPMain]: SvtPlay Playing video stream (as audio)

If I could just get EVR to play the wmv it would probably work. Any ideas?

karlake

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Borås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Prima and more

Hi!

Would love to have Prima as well, but...
    What I really would love is if Mr.mad would join forces with the TVGemist people and try to make a standard streamTV plygin
    Most public service TV stations have webservice.

MrMad

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2005
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, I made some more fixes. I have attached a new dll.
    Some .asx files were not handled correctly. This is fixed.
    I added some more descriptive error messages when a file can not be played.
    When you choose EVR it will now actually use EVR :oops: (thanks vuego for pointing this problem out).

One big problem is remaining. SVT Play has started using streaming flash videos (rtmp). These videos can not be played in MediaPortal. There is often an ASX alternative, but I don't know how to reach that instead of the flash video.
    There is probably some way to set this preference as a cookie or something when requesting the web page, but I don't know how this cookie should look.
    If someone would help me find this out I would be happy. I haven't had the time.

pbjorklund:
    About Prima I must once again inform you that it is using its own mediaplayer and I will/can therefore not add any support for it.

karlake:
    Where can I find this webservice that SVT expose?

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I didn't see that coming! Thanks alot! Seems like it is fixed! (And at the same time my g/f and I are sitting in the couch to see something I realise that it isn't fixed! LOL)

Unfortunaltey I still get random empty directories for "Andra Avenyn"
    I have tried both the hotfix version and the 081130 version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom