SVT Play plugin (Swedish TV) (1 Viewer)

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Johan:
I can't reproduce your error here. Which episode?
Can you get me anything from the log?

I managed to get this with episode 134, 135 and 136 (at different occations). As I have said before this is very random and I really don't understand why.

I have attached the log from just now when I managed to get episode 135 show an empty list.

First I started episode 134 (twice apparently) with success and then I tried episode 135 which only gave me an empty list.

I really can not tell much from the log except after I click 135 the log does not say anything about trying to start any stream which it does with 134. Please take a look and see if you can find anything.

kanelbulle

Portal Member
February 29, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

First of all, thanks for this plugin. I find it very useful!
I have one problem: I can't play flash videos. When trying to play the current "julkalender" (okej, kändes rätt meningslöst att leta upp en översättning på det när det bara är svenskar på denna tråden ändå;) ) I just get a error message saying something like "Error, can not handle streaming flash movies". I've tried to install the flash splitter and reinstalled ffdshow, but it doesn't work anyway... Is there any other configuration I have to do, or what have i missed? Thanks again! :)

kanelbulle

Portal Member
February 29, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi kanelbulle ;)

Check posting# 131 for some suggestions

/Peter

Hi! Actually, that was the "guide" I followed... So far I've insalled FLV, enabled FLV1 in ffdshow, and tried with the "Use for playback of webstreams checkbox" unchecked and checked. With the checkbox unchecked I don't get the error message, but i guess that's becaus OSD doesnt work then. Anyway, I still haven't got the plugin to play the julkalender :(

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Johan:
Looks like I have to write a special debug version to find this error, as I can't reproduce it and the log is not enough. Don't have the time right now.

Kanelbulle:
You have not missed anything. This is the problem I was talking about in post #137. I have found a workaround that might be possible to implement, but haven't had the time to try it yet.

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
kanelbulle:
OK, here is a quick test to see if this could work for you. When finding a streaming Flash video, it will try to look for a Windows Media video instead. Note that it might have some bugs, and that some videos are just available as streaming Flash. But at least it worked for me for "Julkalendern".

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A lot more clips are working now. Nice to see that you still update this plugin.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It is working very nice and as previous poster said more streams are working now.

Yesterday I made a clean install of MP RC4 and I noticed a little problem for me. Not sure if this is svtplay plugin bug or a MP bug.

To get good quality video in svtplay I have always used VMR9 with "Use for playback of web streams" unchecked because when I use vmr9 for web streams the quality of the video is horrible. I have no idea why this is but as long as it has been working with this option unchecked no problem for me.

Now to some weird problem with RC4. No matter if I have this option checked or unchecked vmr9 is always active in svtplay.
    I notice this since the quality is really poor and the OSD is always working (which it not should do if this option is unchecked).

Any ideas?

I would of course love to get a solution with vmr9 working with good quality.
    I have attached how the graph looks like when I am playing through vmr9. Since I can not connect to a graph when I am not using vmr9 I don't know what the difference are between non vmr9 and vmr9.

When I am playing the episode in WMP11 it opens with mms:// but svtplay opens with http://
    Is this any difference?

Attachments

• svtplay-graph.jpg
      svtplay-graph.jpg
      62.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom