petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi MrMad,

Your plugin together with For The Record are the two most valuable, and used, plugins for MP!

Thanks

/Peter

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have add some issues with this plugin since I installed 1.0.
    The GUI is very slow and then it crashes.
    I am not home now so I can not attach logs but just wanted to know if maybe others have had some problems?

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, i'm not using 1.0 yet. But I have the same issue sometimes. I just reckoned that it was due to downloading info and the limit of my, sometimes quite used up, bandwidth. Have not experienced any odd crashes though.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have made some more testings.

It works if you enable vmr9 for webstreams. (except the old quality problem). No crashes or problem with video.
    If you disable vmr9 for webstreams I (the times I manage to get video) get good quality but it's behaving very strange.

First of all I don't get any video at all. All I hear is sound. Now I can navigate in svtplay for a while. Then everything just goes slow and after a time everything locks up. Now I cant even exit MP but I have to force it to quit.

I can also instead of navigating until it locks up directly press fullscreen button on remote and I get the video as well. But I can not do anything more now. I can not pause or stop or even exit the video.
    The only way is to force MP to quit.

I will attach log files but I can not see anything strange. Except maybe that there are ALOT "updateiconthread" (almosat 30 within one second) messages.

It is also the "Audioplayer" that is starting the video? Is this normal behaviour?

I hope we can see some solution for this.

I also did some more testing regarding the qualityproblem with vmr9.

If I start the following link in WMP11 I get good quality 800kbit stream.
    http://wm0.c90805.cdn.qbrick.com/90805/kluster/20081202/aa2008-ep139-bjrd9.wmv

If I however start the same thing in MPC-HC I get the same poor quality that I get in MP with VMR9 enabled.

Any clue what it is that WMP11 is doing to get the better 800kbit stream?

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The quality problems has to do with the filters used.

I tested the video above in MPC-HC on Win XP
    The following filters are used

MPC Video decoder
    ASF ICM Handler
    WMAudio Decoder DMO
    ASF ACM Handler
    "Källfilter för Windows Media" (Source filter for Windows Media)

On Vista the same filters are used except the ASF ICM and ACM handler.
    I assume that Vista has another version of the source filter for Windows Media since it does not require the ASF ICM/ACM filter and if I disable them on XP I can not render the video.

I assume the solution to this problem is either to figure out how these filters can get the correct stream or to find other source filters for windows media. But I can not say I have found anything.

I really don't want to install Vista on my HTPC just to get this plugin working :(

Anyone who might have some clever ideas?

CountZer0

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is there anyone who could get this great application to look good with the Streamed MP skin? Im not very good at this stuff...

Daniel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    CountZer0: I think I could fix that. I'll give it a shot later tonight and will come back to you when I know how it goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom