SVT Play (1 Viewer)

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
If it is possible, try to make logs from other videos on SVT site for comparing. Your decryption times are very long (one fragment of data, approx. 2 MB, takes 5 seconds). So problem is not in your download speed, but in decryption.

Thie should already be present in the log files, for example

"[11-19 23:00:27,939] [MPMain ] [INFO ] Preparing graph for playback of "svtplay8j-f.akamaihd.net/z/world/open/20121119/1308916-066A_ABC/REGIONALA_NYHET-066A-abc-69fe6b7514a4c438_,900,320,420,620,1660,2760,.mp4.csmil/manifest.f4m?hdcore=2.10.3&g=NSPASUABITRI"

The above clip I watched for 7 minutes with no problems at all.

Last edited:

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    If it is possible, try to make logs from other videos on SVT site for comparing. Your decryption times are very long (one fragment of data, approx. 2 MB, takes 5 seconds). So problem is not in your download speed, but in decryption.

"[11-19 23:00:27,939] [MPMain ] [INFO ] Preparing graph for playback of "svtplay8j-f.akamaihd.net/z/world/open/20121119/1308916-066A_ABC/REGIONALA_NYHET-066A-abc-69fe6b7514a4c438_,900,320,420,620,1660,2760,.mp4.csmil/manifest.f4m?hdcore=2.10.3&g=NSPASUABITRI"

This video is not encrypted, so that's why you don't have any problem.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

This video is not encrypted, so that's why you don't have any problem.

Ok, I understand. Well it does seem that all the encrypted clips is a problem for me then...
    What are you suspecting? Perhaps it is the AMD E-350 that isn't able to cope with the decryption during live play?
    It does work if I press pause for a minute or so...
    Could be a feature request for OV,to be able to set a "pause" timeout in OnlineVideos (instead of buffer %) for http streams, then it would be a feasible workaround for me (and others I presume). I don't mind waiting a minute or two before the clip starts playing - as long as it is not stuttering...
    But then again - the workaround with the manual pause is more or less sufficient for me.

I haven't checked live broadcast yet, could be that I have this problem there as well if it is encrypted. But perhaps the pause thing also works there as well?
    (But then the live broadcast kind of loose its point ;)

Thanks for your support georgious!

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Ok, I understand. Well it does seem that all the encrypted clips is a problem for me then...
    What are you suspecting? Perhaps it is the AMD E-350 that isn't able to cope with the decryption during live play?
    It does work if I press pause for a minute or so...
    Could be a feature request for OV,to be able to set a "pause" timeout in OnlineVideos (instead of buffer %) for http streams, then it would be a feasible workaround for me (and others I presume). I don't mind waiting a minute or two before the clip starts playing - as long as it is not stuttering...
    But then again - the workaround with the manual pause is more or less sufficient for me.

I haven't checked live broadcast yet, could be that I have this problem there as well if it is encrypted. But perhaps the pause thing also works there as well?
    (But then the live broadcast kind of loose its point ;)

Thanks for your support georgious!
    I suppose that your CPU is not capable for decrypting of content. But still you can download or pause video and after that you can watch. Live broadcast is not encrypted, so it should work without problem.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello georgious,

It seems it works now!

I just tried a short "Wallace and Gromit" episode before replacing the files - and the episode stuttered after 10-15 seconds after starting.
    After replacing the files - the same episode plays with no glitches at all!

Many thanks, much appreciated!

Pastill

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    All have been working OK,
    but suddenly OV stopped and/or crashed multipel times when viewing a video.
    (Using files from Nov 27 )

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    All have been working OK,
    but suddenly OV stopped and/or crashed multipel times when viewing a video.
    (Using files from Nov 27 )
    It happen when you seek forward and backward, try attached version from previous post, problem should be fixed in this version.

pellelkpg

Portal Member
    March 14, 2010
    Wonder if they have changed the site again? I do not see any videos under "Program A-Ö" any more. However under "Kategorier" the videos are still there.

gergorius - I have tested the latest svn and it seems to work smoothly. I have also had problems with crashes sometimes (but not at all always) during seek. Now this does not seem to happen (will test more)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom