SVT Play | Page 11

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by Johan, November 20, 2010.

1. georgius
    • Team MediaPortal

georgius Retired Team Member

Software Architect
    Ratings:
    +668 / 0
    Home Country:
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Show System Specs
    Latest version just commited to SVN. Live on SVT tested and working.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pnyberg

pnyberg Portal Pro

IT professional
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Hello georgious, great job!

I can confirm that non Live videos are working when using Lav Filters 0.53.1. Haven't had the time to test live broadcast yet..

Another problem that maybe only I have..., I'm using a Zotac AD10 with AMD E-350, when watching SVT play videos it starts to stutter after a while.
    I can mitigate this problem by pressing "pause" for a while and then start the video, the video continues smooth as it is supposed to be.
    I don't think my internet connection is the problem as I have 10 Mbit fiber (Telia FiberLan) full duplex (when testing hte connection I have 10 Mbit sustained throughput in either direction). Also when running movieclips on for instance apple.com in HD - everything is smooth. I have only seen this problem on SVT play.

I have tested to increase the OnlineVideos "buffer value" to 50 % - but it doesn't appear to use that value, because the SVT Play videos starts streaming in tha same time regardless of setting..
    I don't think my GPU is the problem either (using DXVA2 setting in Lav Filters), because if I download the same video - there is no problem with stutters when watching it, also as I said when pressing pause for about 1-2 minutes, and then continue the video, it runs smoothly.

Anybody else have this problem?
    Is this perhaps a "buffer issue" in lav filters/online videos but only for SVT play?
    Would be great if some SVT play users could share their experience of this..

Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. emphatic
    • Team MediaPortal

emphatic Design Group

Surface treatment
    Ratings:
    +1,082 / 2
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Amazing work!

Emph

5. georgius
    • Team MediaPortal

Software Architect
    Ratings:
    +668 / 0
    Home Country:
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Show System Specs
    It seems that problem is download speed, logs can be helpful.

6. pnyberg

pnyberg Portal Pro

IT professional
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Ok, I will collect the logs and post here. Will do that this evening or tomorrow evening.
    I suppose you don't see this problem at all?

7. georgius
    • Team MediaPortal

Software Architect
    Ratings:
    +668 / 0
    Home Country:
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Show System Specs
    Because I'm testing on VPN (which is not very fast), I always press "pause" and wait. After that I don't see any problem.

8. pnyberg

pnyberg Portal Pro

IT professional
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Ok just now I tested playing several clips on SVT play, I only saw the problem on two shows "Hockeykväll" and "Downtown Abbey". The other clips I tested was working, no stutters. "Downtown Abbey" is the last clip I tested in the attached logs.

9. pellelkpg

pellelkpg Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Just tested seeking on WinXP (have been busy for a few days, thats why the late reply) and it seems to work nicely on the few clips I have tried this far. Also did a quick test on the live videos and they also work.

Thank you very much for all the skill and effort you put into this!

10. dhasselqvist

dhasselqvist Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for this big leap forward, I'm very grateful for your efforts.

I have some issues still though. It seems that the SVT Play part of OnlineVideos is no longer respecting the buffer settings. No matter what setting I use on the buffer % the buffer time stays the same (too short) and clips stutter because of the lack of buffered data. If i pause long enough to get a decent length of the buffer it all works well. If I test other sites from within OnlineVideos they respect the buffer settings as before. It seems that also pnyberg is experiencing similar behavior.

I also got issues with some clips ending prematurely. If I press info the clip length is correct but at about 2/3 of the clip it will exit back to the plug-in screen as if I would have pressed the stop button. It has happened on 4-5 clips but I didn't have logging on so for now I cannot give you any good logs.

I have used the last committed changes from SVN (r4946)

11. georgius
    • Team MediaPortal

Software Architect
    Ratings:
    +668 / 0
    Home Country:
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Show System Specs
    If it is possible, try to make logs from other videos on SVT site for comparing. Your decryption times are very long (one fragment of data, approx. 2 MB, takes 5 seconds). So problem is not in your download speed, but in decryption.

Because only HTTP protocol return total length of data to download, then only for HTTP protocol is returned correct buffered length of data and correct total length of data. For all other protocols is total length just guessed and adjusted while receiving data (this is cause why buffered percentage skips from 75% back to 50%). Maybe I change this in later versions.

I guess that transfer was interrupted and filter cannot open connection again, but logs are needed in this case. Filter always make logs (MPUrlSourceSplitter.log, maybe MPUrlSourceSplitter.bak) in default MP logs directory.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!