Switching from WMC with Hauppauge PVR-2250 to MP1 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Now at the next stage. TV Guide shows channels but no data available. My zap2xml command includes -D parameter to include details (season/episode).
    Your tvguide.xml includes some listings for future days, so I'd expect at least some data to be available.
    After saving the mapping, did you click "import" again and wait a few minutes before going back into MP?
    If so, can you please post screenshots of the general and mappings tabs.

Tinkerer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2015
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Now at the next stage. TV Guide shows channels but no data available. My zap2xml command includes -D parameter to include details (season/episode).
    Your tvguide.xml includes some listings for future days, so I'd expect at least some data to be available.
    After saving the mapping, did you click "import" again and wait a few minutes before going back into MP?
    If so, can you please post screenshots of the general and mappings tabs.
    The import process takes no more than a second and I suspect it may not be working. Enclosed are screenshots as directed. Do all channels have to manually mapped before the guide would be populated? The more I work through this setup, the more I detest Microsoft's decision of EOL WMC. They should either fund this project or acquire and fully support it. But on the other hand, I've never experienced the responsive support from them like I find on this forum.General xmltv.JPG Mapping.JPG TV Channels-TV Mapping.JPG

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    for initial "does xmltv EPG import work" you can use the "partial map auto match" results for the channels in yellow. Make sure you press SAVE before you try import.

But a messy reality for USA channels, when MePo does a channel scan it finds the TuningChannel names sent by the station and rarely do they correctly match the GuideChannels from the EPG download. You need to manually fix the mappings, real pain in daButt, for example KVIE-HD is probably correct, KVIE2, KVIEWLD, KIEVme are probably mapped to KVIE-HD.

You can stretch the width of the setuptv window to make the columns wider and see what is going on.

Tinkerer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2015
    California
    Home Country
    for initial "does xmltv EPG import work" you can use the "partial map auto match" results for the channels in yellow. Make sure you press SAVE before you try import.
    If there was "MediaPortal for Dummies" book, I could use it. Import really worked after clicking SAVE on the mappings tab. It saved my sanity too. Now if I could figure out the missing mappings, I'll be in business.

But a messy reality for USA channels, when MePo does a channel scan it finds the TuningChannel names sent by the station and rarely do they correctly match the GuideChannels from the EPG download. You need to manually fix the mappings, real pain in daButt, for example KVIE-HD is probably correct, KVIE2, KVIEWLD, KIEVme are probably mapped to KVIE-HD.
    You can stretch the width of the setuptv window to make the columns wider and see what is going on.
    Thanks for the ideas. I wonder if there is a web site to look up and fix the mappings, kind of Tuning Channel names >>>Guide Channels.

On another topic - Where can I find documentations to get my Hauppauge MCE remote to work with MP?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Tinkerer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2015
    California
    Home Country
    Would someone please point me to documentation on three things:
    1- Setting up IR remote: I have Hauppauge WMC green button remote that worked with their PVR-2250 tuner card and its IR interface. I'm using the same card for MP TV Server. How do I set up this remote for MP? I have browsed through the Wiki for IRSS and installed that server. It includes two possible options for Hauppauge (Receive only) and Microsoft MCE (Receive and Transmit). Trying to configure Hauppauge offers a link to a driver link that doesn't work. There are a lot of options in IRSS and I only need this remote to work for MP controls.
    2- Importing WMC Recordings: I have some saved recordings of WMC which I can play with either MP or Windows Media Player. Playing them with MP crashes MP consistently. Is there a way to convert these to a format or import them to appear as MP Recordings?
    3- Scheduling Recordings: Is there a function in MP to allow scheduling recording of whole series for shows?
    Thank you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1- Setting up IR remote: I have Hauppauge WMC green button remote that worked with their PVR-2250 tuner card and its IR interface. I'm using the same card for MP TV Server. How do I set up this remote for MP?
    I'm not able to decipher exactly what kind of remote you have from that description. However, the process for getting it working should be as simple as enabling the appropriate handler in MP configuration.

Either HID:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/01_HID

...or Hauppauge:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...diaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/16_Hauppauge

Note, don't be fooled by the MCE remote option. We're in the process of replacing that. The HID option should support MCE-compatible remotes better than the MCE remote option.

I have browsed through the Wiki for IRSS and installed that server. It includes two possible options for Hauppauge (Receive only) and Microsoft MCE (Receive and Transmit). Trying to configure Hauppauge offers a link to a driver link that doesn't work. There are a lot of options in IRSS and I only need this remote to work for MP controls.
    If I were you I would remove IRSS. You shouldn't need it, and it's just going to add to the complications.

2- Importing WMC Recordings: I have some saved recordings of WMC which I can play with either MP or Windows Media Player. Playing them with MP crashes MP consistently. Is there a way to convert these to a format or import them to appear as MP Recordings?
    Converting is not a good solution as it will take time and effort. Better would be to find and fix what is going on, because playing WMC recordings should not crash MP consistently.
    Can you please collect log files with the debug-tool option 1:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

As the instructions say, use the debug tool with option 1 to start MP.
    Attempt to play a recording.
    If the crash occurs, the debug tool should create a zip file after MP closes.
    Please attach the zip file.

3- Scheduling Recordings: Is there a function in MP to allow scheduling recording of whole series for shows?
    Possibly not in the sense of what you're used to in WMC. Though having said that, I used WMC for about 2 minutes before realising it was not for me.
    Have you looked at the options here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rd_TV/1_Scheduling_Recordings#Advanced_Record

Tinkerer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2015
    California
    Home Country
    1- Setting up IR remote: I have Hauppauge WMC green button remote that worked with their PVR-2250 tuner card and its IR interface. I'm using the same card for MP TV Server. How do I set up this remote for MP?
    I'm not able to decipher exactly what kind of remote you have from that description. However, the process for getting it working should be as simple as enabling the appropriate handler in MP configuration.

Either HID:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/01_HID

...or Hauppauge:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...diaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/16_Hauppauge

Note, don't be fooled by the MCE remote option. We're in the process of replacing that. The HID option should support MCE-compatible remotes better than the MCE remote option.

If I were you I would remove IRSS. You shouldn't need it, and it's just going to add to the complications.
    A picture of my Hauppauge remote is enclosed. The IR interface to the PVR-2255 tuner card picture is also enclosed. I followed directions from Hauppauge support site a few days ago to install its drivers.
    Since receiving this advice, I did a complete uninstall of IRSS and chose HID for remote. When closing out MP Server configuration after HID configuration, I received a error pop-up "Unable to connect to TV Server..." (photo attached) but MP seems to be working other than the missing audio.
    Now I have no audio to my TV, not while playing a channel on MP nor even while testing Windows sound in Control Panel. Windows indicates sound devices are working properly.
    I wonder what either of these (IRSS uninstall or HID selection) Remote.JPG IR Remote blaster.JPG have to do with audio through HDMI cable.

Attachments

• Unable to connect.JPG
      Unable to connect.JPG
      23.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A picture of my Hauppauge remote is enclosed. The IR interface to the PVR-2255 tuner card picture is also enclosed. I followed directions from Hauppauge support site a few days ago to install its drivers.
    Since receiving this advice, I did a complete uninstall of IRSS and chose HID for remote.
    So to be clear: does the remote work after doing that?

When closing out MP Server configuration after HID configuration, I received a error pop-up "Unable to connect to TV Server..." (photo attached)
    I guess you mean MediaPortal Configuration since that is where the HID option is. If TV is working then you can ignore the popup.

...but MP seems to be working other than the missing audio.
    Right, and I assume this is a new problem since you haven't mentioned it before now.
    Audio could be missing because:
    1. You've muted MP. Try toggling mute on/off (press the m key) and/or volume up/down (press the -/_ and =/+ keys).
    2. MP is muted in Windows. Open MP. Toggle to Windowed mode by pressing alt + enter. Check the volume for MP in control panel or system tray.
    3. Codecs are not configured. Check TV codecs: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom