Switching from WMC with Hauppauge PVR-2250 to MP1 (1 Viewer)

Tinkerer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2015
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So to be clear: does the remote work after doing that?
    No, it doesn't. I'll go back to Hauppauge's directions, try setting it up and report results.

Right, and I assume this is a new problem since you haven't mentioned it before now.
    Audio could be missing because:
    1. You've muted MP. Try toggling mute on/off (press the m key) and/or volume up/down (press the -/_ and =/+ keys).
    2. MP is muted in Windows. Open MP. Toggle to Windowed mode by pressing alt + enter. Check the volume for MP in control panel or system tray.
    3. Codecs are not configured. Check TV codecs: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs
    Yes, loss of audio is a new problem today.
    MP is not muted. Verified.
    Volume Mixer in Windows shows volumes not muted for the TV or MP. (picture attached)
    I had not done anything to the Codecs previously. Current state pictures attached.
    codecs 1.JPG codecs 2.JPG volume in mixer.JPG

Tinkerer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2015
    California
    Home Country
    Somehow the High Definition video/audio drivers got corrupted. I've downloaded new drivers from manufacturer (Intel) web site and have my audio working again.

My text step is to get my remote to work. I have checked (ticked) the HID handler for remotes. Is any plug-in also needed?

PS. The drivers link at Hauppauge remotes under 45/34-Button Remotes is broken. It should be updated to the page with IR Remote Control Application where ir32_28015.exe is located.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Tinkerer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2015
    California
    Home Country
    [
    PS. The drivers link at Hauppauge remotes under 45/34-Button Remotes is broken. It should be updated to the page with IR Remote Control Application where ir32_28015.exe is located.
    Do you mean in the wiki or in MediaPortal configuration itself? I couldn't find a link in the wiki, and I have the drivers installed myself so I can't test the link in MP configuration).
    There are two broken links at this wiki page (picture attached below). The first is 'just download and install the latest drivers' at the end of the first paragraph. It should be pointing to http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support.html where you can select your tuner model for its downloads, The second is the (ir.exe) link in the second paragraph that is linked to http://www.hauppauge.de/files/ir32_249.exe which results in an error. The link I suggested was provided to me by Hauppauge tech support yesterday. I had seen a 3rd broken link to a UK site in the configuration tool but can't locate it at this time. It said something like 'make sure to install ir.exe drivers'. Perhaps it is only visible if it's not installed.

My 45 button remote works only in a limited manner (Pause and Play buttons work, others are not mapped correctly). Not having much success remapping them.
    Wiki link.JPG

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    With regards to actually getting the remote working...

Please enable both HID and Hauppauge remote handlers and the respective "extended logging" options for each in MediaPortal configuration.
    Ensure that there are no errors listed at the bottom of the Hauppauge remote section (if there are, you should uninstall and reinstall the Hauppauge remote driver - IR32.exe).
    When MediaPortal is closed, there should be a small remote icon in the system tray.
    Use the watchdog/debug-mode tool (shortcut in your start menu) with option 1 to start MediaPortal. Switch to Windowed mode (press alt + enter).
    The icon in the system tray should have disappeared.
    Press ctrl+alt+delete and start task manager. Ensure that HcwHelper - MediaPortal's Hauppauge remote helper app - is running.
    Try to use the remote control in MediaPortal. Try all the buttons if possible to confirm none are working.
    Close MediaPortal.
    Attach the zip file produced by the watchdog tool.

Please ask if any of the above doesn't make sense. :)

Tinkerer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2015
    California
    Home Country
    With regards to actually getting the remote working...

Please enable both HID and Hauppauge remote handlers and the respective "extended logging" options for each in MediaPortal configuration. Done.
    Ensure that there are no errors listed at the bottom of the Hauppauge remote section (if there are, you should uninstall and reinstall the Hauppauge remote driver - IR32.exe). No errors.
    When MediaPortal is closed, there should be a small remote icon in the system tray. There is.
    Use the watchdog/debug-mode tool (shortcut in your start menu) with option 1 to start MediaPortal. Switch to Windowed mode (press alt + enter). It's not in my Start menu but there is an icon on my desktop. I assume by option 1 you mean "report a bug to Team MediaPortal"
    The icon in the system tray should have disappeared. It did.
    Press ctrl+alt+delete and start task manager. Ensure that HcwHelper - MediaPortal's Hauppauge remote helper app - is running. It is running.
    Try to use the remote control in MediaPortal. Try all the buttons if possible to confirm none are working. None worked.
    Close MediaPortal.
    Attach the zip file produced by the watchdog tool.

Please ask if any of the above doesn't make sense. :)
    My affirmations are in line with the guidance above. Zip file is attached. Thank you for your help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks to your log files, I can confirm that MediaPortal is in fact receiving commands from your remote:
    [2015-08-09 15:12:38,767] [Log ] [3 ] [INFO ] - HCW: received: CMD|0|-8587624485267096172~
    [2015-08-09 15:12:38,779] [Log ] [3 ] [INFO ] - HCW: Accepted: CMD|0|-8587624485267096172

The reason why you don't see any response is that MediaPortal doesn't understand what any of the commands mean.
    Please try to use the "learn" function under remotes -> Hauppauge in MediaPortal configuration to teach MP which button is which.
    Note: MP understands regular Hauppauge remote controls. I assume the issue is that your remote is actually a MCE-compatible remote.

Tinkerer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2015
    California
    Home Country
    Please try to use the "learn" function under remotes -> Hauppauge in MediaPortal configuration to teach MP which button is which.
    Note: MP understands regular Hauppauge remote controls. I assume the issue is that your remote is actually a MCE-compatible remote.
    Thank you so much for your continued help. Yes, it is a MCE-compatible remote (photo attached). I've enabled only the Hauppauge remote handler and tried to put it through Learn sequence twice MS MCE Remote.jpg without success. The Learn screen doesn't show the code it is learning and just changes the value under X10 to zero. Log file after Learning is attached.
    Does MP store its remote mappings in C:\Windows\irremote.ini or some other place? I would like to build a good mapping and share it with the forum for others who are struggling like me.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does MP store its remote mappings in C:\Windows\irremote.ini or some other place?
    No.

I would like to build a good mapping and share it with the forum for others who are struggling like me.
    That would be appreciated... though keep in mind, it would only apply for people with a similar setup as you. People with non-MCE Hauppauge remotes (which I would assume are in the significant majority) should find that their remotes already just work when enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom