tagging from folder/file name (1 Viewer)

mbu10

Portal Pro
March 20, 2007
when i am trying to name mp3's using file name
i have not managed to get it to find any for me
is it some thing i am doing
thanks

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There's no automatic guessing. you need to specify the parameters.
    Gimme some examples of Filename / Folder names you have and i'll tell you the parms for that.

mbu10

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2007
    well i started it and had a folder called "Roisin Murphy - overpowered"
    with each file called "01 - roisin murphy - Track 1.mp3" to "13 - roisin murphy - Track 13.mp3"
    it knows the album is called correctly and the artist is correct
    but it never finds anything when i do a internet search
    it finds the artist and album correctly in that pop up box when i click search nothing happens though
    but seems to do this with everything
    not just with this artist

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, in this case, you're not tagging from Folder / File. You want to Identify files or Tag from Internet.

Tagging from file means, you have something like that:
    Roisin Murphy - overpowered\01 - roising murphy - Overpowered.mp3

using "Tag from Filename" you would specify following pattern:
    <A> - <B>\<K> - <A> - <T>

which would fill out the tags accordingly

Now in your case, you have Track1, track2, etc. as title, so the above makes no sense.

You have 2 choices:

1. Identify Files - Whereby we use a fingerprint of the first 2 minutes and try to identify the file via MusicBrainz. (couldn't try that, as i don't have the original files)
    2. Tag from Internet - As you don't have ARzist Albums in your tags, a popup comes, where you enter Artist: Roisin Murphy and Album: Overpowered.
    Now you get a result of 2 albums, select the one with 13 tracks and you've got your result. Just tick all the 13 racks in your right list box and you're done.

If you have already wrong artist / album information in your tags, which seems to be the case for you, then use Multiple Tag Edit to fill in common artist / album fpr all tracks and start again with point 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have never used DVB-S/S2 (satellite), but I do use DVB-T/T2 (terrestrial), and I think that the behaviour would be the same. Generally, when performing a rescan, the recommendation is to select the Enable channel movement detection setting. Wherever possible, this will cause TV Server to: Preserve the channel selection status...
    I have never used DVB-S/S2 (satellite), but I do use DVB-T/T2 (terrestrial), and I think that the behaviour would be the same...
    Hi, I am using MP2 with DVBS2 for longer time. sevral channel have changed their name (eg "Welt der Wunder -> Lilo.tv). Is there a...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom