TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (1 Viewer)

macklcat

Portal Member
January 23, 2012
I use the TBS 5980 CI and the CI dont work with this patch. I get the error: Channel is scrambled

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
August 28, 2012
Vienna
Home Country
Austria Austria
I use the TBS 5980 CI and the CI dont work with this patch. I get the error: Channel is scrambled
According to source code the tuner should be detected:
private static readonly string[] TunersWithCiSlots = new string[] { "TBS 5980 CI Tuner", "TBS DVBC Tuner", "TBS 6991 DVBS/S2 Tuner A", "TBS 6991 DVBS/S2 Tuner B", "TBS 6992 DVBS/S2 Tuner A", "TBS 6992 DVBS/S2 Tuner B", "TBS 6928 DVBS/S2 Tuner", "TBS 5880 DVB-T/T2 Tuner", "TBS 6618 BDA DVBC Tuner", "TBS 5880 DVBC Tuner" };

* Please check if the files from the patch are really used. (I didn't increment the file-version, so please check by file-size, if TVServer is really using the new files)
* Please have a look on the log-files. (normally found in the hidden folder: "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Log") - any erros in there?

Markus

alexeypa

Portal Member
April 1, 2010
Hi, i have tbs5680 (usb with CI). With this patch, I only see the encrypted channels that have the same PMT PID. Which coincides with the PMT PID seen channel through another program (like DVBViewer or Progdvb). Ie If I looked through the DVBViewer channel with PMT = 200, then mediaportal will work all the channels with PMT = 200 (in all available transponders). For the rest of the channels will be given a message that the channel is scrambled. In DVBViewer or Progdvb i have access to all encrypted channels.

Thanks.

SFu

Portal Member
November 14, 2007
Bad Homburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
many thanks Markus for the patch.
Now I can see the CI menu in TV Server config, and also in the GUI Menu. I´m able to access the CAM modul, will get the infomations about the smartcard, etc.
But...
And there is always a but :-(
no decryption.
Maybe there´s something wrong with the CAM...
The smartcard is working in an other Sat-Receiver.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Stefan

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
August 28, 2012
Vienna
Home Country
Austria Austria
currently I am working on a monitor for TBSCIAPI.dll, which logs all function-calls to this dll.

With this monitor I hopefully will be able to see which commands other applications like DVBViewer or Progdvb are calling in TBSCIAPI.dll.

I hope that this logs will help to modify Turbosight.cs file to issue the same commands.

I will need some testers who will run this monitor and send me the generated logs.

As soon as I have completed the work on this monitor, I will post a "Request for help" (especially for users with half-working systems like SFu and alexeypa)

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
August 28, 2012
Vienna
Home Country
Austria Austria
REQUEST FOR HELP

I completed the work for the monitor for TBSCIAPI.dll. (see my last post)

On my system (where descrambling is working correct) there is only verly little communication with TBSCIAPI.dll.

Now I want to invite other users of Media Portal 1.3 Beta (where descrambling is not functioning), to contact me.

I will send the monitor to this users, and will assist in creating log files in a skype-session.
German-speaking users preferred, because German is my native-language.http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=DOKJAA&search=native&trestr=0x401

mbiker

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Patch for Media Portal 1.3 Beta and TBS-Cards

How to install:
    1. Stop Media Portal
    2. Stop windows service "TVService"
    3. make a backup of TVLibrary.dll and TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll (located in "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" Folder)
    4. copy the 3 Files from the ZIP file to "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" Folder
    5. copy the TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll also to the "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" Folder
    6. Start the Windows Service "TVService".

I am not a Media-Portal developer, I just merged the existing TBS-Code into the 1.3 Beta release, compiled it, tested it on my machine, and uploaded it.
    So if it does not work on your machine, I will not be able to provide helpful support.

Markus

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Works EXCELLENT!

Any chance you could stick the file to the main thread, please?
    (I've spent half an hour trying to apply old patch to 1.3 Beta version)

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    When I used this together with DJBlu's custom EPG grabber, I found that for some reason it causes the EPG grabber to use all available tuners and block any other use. I then reverted back to my original TVLibrary.dll and TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll but left the new TBsciapi.dll in place, and this still gave me very fast channel changes even without the other two files. I use a TBS6981 - maybe the first two files are not needed, or maybe it's because DJBlu already has the code in his grabber?

Either way, after adjusting the Windows Defender settings (as described here:https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/help-with-slow-tuning.113568/page-2#post-929201) , together with using the TBS .dll file in this thread, I now have a channel change time of around two seconds even on decrypted channels going through MDApi! I'm very happy.

Last edited:

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    When I used this together with DJBlu's custom EPG grabber, I found that for some reason it causes the EPG grabber to use all available tuners and block any other use. I then reverted back to my original TVLibrary.dll and TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll but left the new TBsciapi.dll in place, and this still gave me very fast channel changes even without the other two files. I use a TBS6981 - maybe the first two files are not needed, or maybe it's because DJBlu already has the code in his grabber?

Either way, after adjusting the Windows Defender settings (as described here:https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/help-with-slow-tuning.113568/page-2#post-929201) , together with using the TBS .dll file in this thread, I now have a channel change time of around two seconds even on decrypted channels going through MDApi! I'm very happy.

My TBS Card(TBS6928) is supported by DJBlu's custom grabber, (it is also supported by the normal 1.3 Release)
    DJBlu's : Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber. With his Version 1.3 I can view all unscrambled channels.
    But If I want to watch any encrypted channels, I have to use the custom TVLibrary.dll of my Patch TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements.

As the thread-name states: "TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements", my patch will add CI/CAM support.
    The TBSCIApi.dll is only needed if you have a TBS-card with a Common-Interface. TBS6981 does not have a Common-Interface, so TBSCIApi.dll is not needed on your system.

As you mentioned, chaning channels is very fast with DJBLU's version, so I am using his version, (combined with my patch) because of the faster channel-switching.[DOUBLEPOST=1360262318][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi,
    many thanks Markus for the patch.
    Now I can see the CI menu in TV Server config, and also in the GUI Menu. I´m able to access the CAM modul, will get the infomations about the smartcard, etc.
    But...
    And there is always a but :-(
    no decryption.
    Maybe there´s something wrong with the CAM...
    The smartcard is working in an other Sat-Receiver.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    Stefan

Are you trying to watch HD+ channels ?
    official this will not be allowed (able)

more infos about CI and CI+ can be found in the videos on this site. [in german language]
    Die Wahrheit über HD+

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom