TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (1 Viewer)

RLinSweden

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It never occured to you that most of the discussions and solutions where done by mm1352000 and that people see your comment's more as a general discussion??

I guess no one is asking for making trouble

RLinsweden

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    It never occured to you that most of the discussions and solutions where done by mm1352000 and that people see your comment's more as a general discussion??
    RLinsweden

As @FreakyJ is a team member and statet that in 1.3 @mm1352000's additional work won't get included and combined his post with all needed informations/links I guess its only fair to state that he is speechless. I really understand thats its sometimes not easy to get the required informations in this forums since its really pretty technical - especially on tv-related stuff - but when everything is on the table with a golden spoon in it, it shouldnt be too much hassle to simple read a few posts.

I guess no one is asking for making trouble
    RLinsweden

Me neither ;)

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I read the internal threads :p
    And mm would also answer the question if it is asked once, so no need to ask it several times => so my answer to read the last posts is still valid^^

I didn't want to sound so harsh, but I wrote it just some posts above... that was a bit annoying... so have just fun with the great work mm did, I think he would be happy about more feedback and great testers ;) (see my post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...other-improvements.103276/page-25#post-942815 for branches with CI support)

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    umm well it acctually does work with TBS 5880 using this version, not cam menu but decryption!
    I can confirm that TBS 5880 is working. I have two TBS 5880 with Swedish Boxer CI+ CAM (Yes, I know all about CI+ but Boxer isn't using it (yet) but demand that CAM for decryption of the HD channels). I'm using the 1.0.0.4 driver dated 2012-11-19, MediaPortal 1.2.3 and the TBS[v2_MP_1_2_3].zip patch. The CAM only support decryption of one channel at a time but as long as I set CAM limit to 1 everything works fine, including HD channels.

Excellent work by mm1352000, I sure hope that it will be included in upcoming versions of MediaPortal. If I can be of any help in the development, please let me know!

Last edited:

Michael Madsen

December 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi there,

New here, but have been looking through this entire thread without finding actual information about how to use this fix with the Windows 7 Media Center. As far as I can see the files are designed for exclusive use with the MediaBrowser, so how do I use it with Media Center instead?

Of course I could install the MediaBrowser and set up the files for this, but my guess is that it will make no difference to the encryption problems I face in Media Center...

So I would be interested in knowledge about how to use this fix in Media Center directly. Thanks in advance.

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've upgraded my system to three TBS5880 with driver version 1.0.0.5 and the TbsCIapi.dll from the tbsviewer_v20121130 package - still working. :)

I do however get some crashes in TVServer.exe when I use the "Manual control" section of the TV Server Configuration tool and start and stop the cards repeatedly - mostly to check that all CAMs is working. I saw this with 1.0.0.4 as well so I don't think that it's related to the new drivers. Is logs from when it happens of any interest? Do I use the standard procedure to collect logs even when I'm not using the frontend to provoke the error or can I run just the TV server in some kind of debug mode?

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Request for a patch for 1.3 beta.

I have read the whole thread. (all 26 pages so far)
    I know that there will be no official support for TBS in 1.3.
    I know that there are two branches in GIT, which should have TBS support.
    I tried the first one (https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP-Tuner_hardware_support_cleanup_and_extension). [was not able to find any channels in TV-Server configuration, using the scan-for-channels button]
    For the second one (https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP-TVE3.5-MP1-MP2) I was not able to build the setup.

I tried two days to get my TBS 6928 working with MediaPortal 1.3 Beta, with very limited success.

So I kindly ask mm1352000 if he could provide a patch for Version 1.3 Beta. (as he did for version 1.2.3)
    I really like the support for BluRay-discs which was added to 1.3, that and the new Titan-skin is the reason I want to upgrade.

TheOnlyFish

Portal Member
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FreakyJ wrote, that support for TBS comes with TVE 3.5. Does anybody know in which future version the integration of tve 3.5 is planned (i guess tve is tv engine)? What version of tve is in MP 1.2.3 and 1.3.0?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom