TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (2 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no absolute plan about this yet... 1.4 was in discussion, but there is no decision yet and it is obviously in MP2.
    MP 1.3 uses TVE3; TVE = Tv Engine

But I think we are getting a bit offtopic here :p

TheOnlyFish

Portal Member
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you FreakyJ! I thinks its not so offtopic. The current roadmap gives a release date for MP 1.4 at 01/04/2014. This will be delayed several times according to the last releases, so Q3 2014 will be more real. This is just to make clear that TBS users have to wait 18 months until they can use an uptodate version again. Maybe there is a possibility to establish a patch for 1.3.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    01/04/14 is not correct ;)
    There is no fix date yet, so the date is far in the future, but we want to change our dev cycles, but can't tell you more right now, because I don't know more my self :p

Last edited:

Revolty

Portal Member
    September 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    mm1352000 can you specify what classes that needs to be modefied in 1.3beta to add suport for TBS CI decryption (don't care for menu..). I'll do it myself but source is huge so i need directions.

yrehan

Portal Member
    April 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The following goes in Turbosight.cs

Hi DJBlu,
    I have a TBS8922 and I am running a custom build of 1.3.0 beta.

1) Will this code improve the channel switching time on TBS8922 as well?
    2) If yes, can you please suggest any other place to add this code? As I am using the master branch (not using EXP-Tuner_hardware_support_cleanup_and_extension or Turbosight branch), so turbosight.cs does not exist in my tree.

I guess there is no need to mention that TBS8922 is a PCI card and there is no CI slot.

Thank you,

Best regards,
    yrehan

SFu

Portal Member
    November 14, 2007
    Bad Homburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I´m not able to see encrypted channels.
    I would like to use maxcam+ CI / CAM module and I have a activated HD+ smartcard.

In TV server config, i cannot see the CI menu. Please help me to get it working...
    Thanks.

After reading the whole thread, I unsderstand: there is a branch, where the tbs hardware with CI / CAM is supported.
    For the MP version 1.2.x exists a patch.

I´ve seen the branch structure in Git Hub.
    But I´m not able to compile, ore to find a patch or a executable file...

I´m glad to understand the thread... :) Sorry for may bad english.

Did someone create a patch for 1.3 beta?

Thanks in advance for your feedack.
    Stefan

Last edited:

RLinSweden

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello SFu,

This question is making some people speechless, but in the meen time we are a lot of people with the same question.
    However the the golden spoon with medicin is more or less emty and I have made a lot of try outs to come around this issue
    in other directions. The fact is that i asked some weeks ago regarding the TBS cards and reading between the lines there is no
    one that can give you hope. Since this is a open source Product and the developers are doing it volontary in free time you can't
    set any demand's so you take it or leave it.

There are some options to come around:

1. Buy a new satelite card, but be careful, the numbers of cards wilh full service is decreasing and some of the full services cards
    are no longer on the market.

2. Leave MP and start a MCE and for all if you are looking for a client server solution togehter with DVBLink. I've tryed it and for
    me it's not an option. It's a total new structure and the administration of 4 clients is for me out of range.

3. Do as the minedigger, if you don't know where you should dig, just dig where you are. The MP solution with 1.2.3 final togehter with
    the excellent patches from mm is working perfect and the administration of client server TV setups are brilliant.
    So just lay back and enjoy it how it is and for the next future forget new skins and features.
    it's a brilliant mediacenter even if it's named MediaPortal.

This is problably total out of scope for this thread and I'm sorry for that.

RLinSweden

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Patch for Media Portal 1.3 Beta and TBS-Cards

How to install:
    1. Stop Media Portal
    2. Stop windows service "TVService"
    3. make a backup of TVLibrary.dll and TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll (located in "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" Folder)
    4. copy the 3 Files from the ZIP file to "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" Folder
    5. copy the TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll also to the "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" Folder
    6. Start the Windows Service "TVService".

I am not a Media-Portal developer, I just merged the existing TBS-Code into the 1.3 Beta release, compiled it, tested it on my machine, and uploaded it.
    So if it does not work on your machine, I will not be able to provide helpful support.

Markus

Attachments

• TBS_Patch_for_Beta_1.3.zip
      365.3 KB

RLinSweden

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hallo Markus,

I'd like to thank you for your exellent work. Your patch is running without any problems.
    I also hope that your contribution will be racognized from the MP team.

RLinSweden

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Patch for Media Portal 1.3 Beta and TBS-Cards

How to install:
    1. Stop Media Portal
    2. Stop windows service "TVService"
    3. make a backup of TVLibrary.dll and TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll (located in "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" Folder)
    4. copy the 3 Files from the ZIP file to "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" Folder
    5. copy the TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll also to the "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" Folder
    6. Start the Windows Service "TVService".

I am not a Media-Portal developer, I just merged the existing TBS-Code into the 1.3 Beta release, compiled it, tested it on my machine, and uploaded it.
    So if it does not work on your machine, I will not be able to provide helpful support.

Markus

Since MP 1.3.0 RC/final will be ready soon I think, hopefully you will be able/around to provide a patch for these builds too.
    Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom