TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (1 Viewer)

radical

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Regardless of which driver is being used?
That would be nice, because zapping times with 1.3. Final are horrible.

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
August 28, 2012
Vienna
Home Country
Austria Austria
Try it.

The source-code is not mine, so I don't know if there are improvements for non CI-cards.
I think that I read, that there should be faster channel-switching times, especially for HD channels.

So I recommend, take a backup and apply the patch-files and test yourself.
And after that please post your experiences.

Markus

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes faster with the latest driver, basically the driver always checks dvbs first, resulting in a long zap for dvbs2.

This patch tells the tbs driver which to tune, so it should drop approx 3 secs on hd/dvbs2.

I have the 6981 as well btw

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Just installed it and have to say I am deeply impressed. With my TBS 6981 and testing channels in TVSetup average tuning time went down from around 1600 ms to 650 ms...wow!

Thanks @mm1352000 for the coding and thanks @Markus1980Wien for the binaries for 1.3 Final!

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    @Markus1980Wien, thanks for the patching instructions. Apologies in advance, I'm going slightly off-topic here... I've installed TortoiseGit, VS2010 Express, etc, and I managed to successfully compile the setup files after synchronising TortoiseGit, so that is a good start :) . Ideally, what I'd like to do next, is compile customised setup files with the TBS patch and DJBlu's custom grabber included, but I don't know how to do this. Would you mind posting some instructions on how to do this? It would also be good to know how to revert back to unpatched source files. Thanks in advance!

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @Markus1980Wien, thanks for the patching instructions. Apologies in advance, I'm going slightly off-topic here... I've installed TortoiseGit, VS2010 Express, etc, and I managed to successfully compile the setup files after synchronising TortoiseGit, so that is a good start :) . Ideally, what I'd like to do next, is compile customised setup files with the TBS patch and DJBlu's custom grabber included, but I don't know how to do this. Would you mind posting some instructions on how to do this? It would also be good to know how to revert back to unpatched source files. Thanks in advance!

have you ever done some programming ?

everything which is needed is explained in my post.
    Step3: open the downloaded source code with Visual Studio by opening the file : …\TvEngine\TVLibrary\TvLibrary.sln
    Step4: In solution-explorer open “Library”->”TvLibrary”->”Implementations”->”DVB”->”ConditionalAccess”. (If solution explorer is not already open, it can be opened using menu: “View”->Solution Explorer (or keyboard-shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+L))
    Step5: Do a right-mouse-click on “ConditionalAccess” in the context-menu select “Add”->”New Folder” and name it “Turbosight”.
    Step6: drag&drop the attached file “Turbosight.cs” (inside Visual Studio) on the folder “Turbosight” which you created in Step5.
    Step7: replace “Library”->”TvLibrary”->”Implementations”->”DVB”->”ConditionalAccess”->”ConditionalAccess.cs” with the attached file.
    Step8: drag&drop the attached file “DvbConditionalAccess.cs” to “Library”->”TvLibrary.Interfaces”.
    Step9: replace “Library”->”TvLibrary.Interfaces”->”Implementations”->”Channels”->DVBSChannel.cs with the attached file.
    Step10: Compile the project. (eg. By right-mouse-click on “Library” -> “Build”)

after that create your setup again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom