TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (2 Viewers)

SFu

Portal Member
November 14, 2007
Bad Homburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
I just had a call with TBS... Sorry, nothing new. Maybe we will get some feedback next week.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I believe the tuner hardware branch should merge successfully - I believe that is the one djblu uses as well

Exp tuner hardware support - this has the patch built in if I'm not mistaken

PetrMan!

Portal Member
    October 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi everyone, I got TBS6928 today and in the box is some cable with three plugins. I dont see this cable at the picture at TBS site. Any idea? I read here about some problems with diseqc, I cant tune channels at Astra 23.5, I can only 19,2. SkyStar HD2 worked fine but it is over. Thanks for advice. P.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are the patch files also compatible to the MP 1.3 final? So it would be possible to receive/decrypt HD+ with a TBS Card?

Thanks!

demax

Portal Member
    November 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Are the patch files also compatible to the MP 1.3 final? So it would be possible to receive/decrypt HD+ with a TBS Card?

Thanks!

I've tried with out success. I'd also like to know what needs to be done to get the TBS working on MP 1.3. I spent a lot of time getting it to work with a previous version of Media Portal but since xbmx automatically upgraded the PVR plugin that I'm using I had to upgrade to media portal 1.3 and now I'm stuck again! Was working fine for 6 months! :)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks!

I've tried with out success. I'd also like to know what needs to be done to get the TBS working on MP 1.3. I spent a lot of time getting it to work with a previous version of Media Portal but since xbmx automatically upgraded the PVR plugin that I'm using I had to upgrade to media portal 1.3 and now I'm stuck again! Was working fine for 6 months! :)

I decided to go the "save" way and bought a Digital Devices Cine S2 v6 + CI.

Needed some support but at least it's running fine with a HD+ Card for some days now. :)

switchcore

Portal Member
    August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    i read everything in this thread.. but i think i´m too stupid... i have no idea what exactly i had to copy to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server

First Version 2.0 then the patch from 1.3 Beta ? and after that the TbsCIapi.dll from tbs Homepage ?

Step by Step Guide to add CI Support to TBS-Cards (for normal users [=no source-code changes necessary]).

Step1: Download and Install MediaPortal 1.3. (no need to install MediaPortal 2.0)
    Step2: (Stop MediaPortal if it is running)
    Step3: Stop windows service "TVService" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_service)
    Step4: make a backup of TVLibrary.dll and TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll (located in "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" folder)
    Step5: copy the 3 Files from the ZIP file to "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" folder
    Step6: copy the TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll also to the "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" folder
    Step7: Start the windows service "TVService".

TBS-Cards should be supported by MediaPortal also without this patch, but this patch will add CI-support for the following TBS-Cards:
    "TBS 5980 CI Tuner", "TBS DVBC Tuner", "TBS 6991 DVBS/S2 Tuner A", "TBS 6991 DVBS/S2 Tuner B", "TBS 6992 DVBS/S2 Tuner A", "TBS 6992 DVBS/S2 Tuner B", "TBS 6928 DVBS/S2 Tuner", "TBS 5880 DVB-T/T2 Tuner", "TBS 6618 BDA DVBC Tuner", "TBS 5880 DVBC Tuner"

if you encounter problems please check the log files, they can normall be found in the hidden folder:
    "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log\tv.log"
    [Especially check all lines with the word "Turbosight"]

Also, if you enconter problems decrypting channels, check if they are crypted with CI or CI+. [the main difference between CI and CI+ is copy-protection, with CI+ the provider can add usage-rules-informations:
    with CI+ the following can be done by broadcasting organisations
    * deny of recording a TV-program.
    * deny of fast-forward (deny of skip ads)
    * date of expiry (recordings cannot be watched after a date defined by the broadcasting-organisation)
    * deny of timeshifting (totally, or only within a defined time period, eg. timeshift of max 90 minutes.)
    * signal is transmitted only to TVs/Monitors which support copy-protection(HDCP), [no analogue connected monitors]
    (geman Video where the drawbacks of CI+, and the difference to "normal" CI is explained:
    )
    Because a computer does not guarantee copy-protection as it is required for CI+, there is no certified-CI+ DVB-S or DVB-C card for a computer available)

I had problems with diseqc switching on my TBS6981 and this patch did the trick.

Thanks alot.

/Jerry

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    anyone having patched 1.4 prerelease tvserver binaries to share? I did not find the 1.4 source code on github to patch myself (not sure if the patch is also for 1.4 though...)

EDIT:
    ok, I patched the TVlibrary files of MePo 1.4.0 prerelease myself. See attached zip. Just copy and replace the files in TVServer folder (backup original!). I followed this guide

Now TBS 6928 working!!! (with Conax CI and Diseq switch)

credits to Markus1980Wien and mm1352000

Attachments

• TBS_patch1.4prerelease.zip
      380.1 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom