TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (2 Viewers)

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi @Markus1980Wien, thanks for the quick reply, my programming experience is limited indeed. Your instructions are clear for compiling MP with the TBS patch, however, I also want to include DJBlu's custom grabber so that I can get Sky (UK) EPG data. In his thread I found these instructions https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/posts/962749/, where he's using TortoiseGit to merge his code, so a different approach to yours, hence my post. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Also, just so you know, the zip file included in your post with the patch instructions contains three DLL files, and not the cs files you are referring to.

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Check what are the differences of the 4 source-code files I have included in my post, with the version after you have done the instructions from DJBlu.
    You need to add the differences.

TheOnlyFish

Portal Member
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My MP refuses to play with this patch. I have no more idea about the reason why.

Those are the things that are running:
    TV-Card: is running fine on FTA
    Smartcard: is activated (runs in a standalone receiver)
    CI-Modul: runs (checked with smartcard in another TV)
    CAM-Menü: is running and shows the smartcard
    tested with Driver for TBS 6928: 1.0.1.5 and 1.0.1.6 / TBSCIAPI.dll 1.0.0.8 and 1.0.1.0

So anything works like a charm but the descrambling doesnt. I checked the logs but found almost nothing. The problem occurs at 03/24 between 6:34:18 and 6:34:33. But except some lines in TsWriter (that i dont understand) i found nothing.

Can anybody give me some help/hint?

Last edited:

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As far as I can see from the attached log files, you are trying to watch german SKY channels.
    If I remember correct SKY is using CI+ instead of normal CI.
    Please check your CAM. Is it a normal CI or a CI+ CAM.
    If it is a CI+, than that is the reason why It does not decode.
    Once again: Check this video for the differences between CI+ and normal CI.

The user zepar found a CAM module which seems to be able to decrypt CI+, with his TBS-Card.
    TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements

But there will be no guarantee, that you will ever be able to decrypt CI+ on a normal CI-Card.

TheOnlyFish

Portal Member
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I have to give some more information ;-) The CAM is a Maxcam Twin v1, the Card is a Sky V14. So this should run.

Indeed descrambling is running fine some weeks ago with a Sky S02 and a HD+ HD02. But now, none of them descrambles.
    Meanwhile I got a hint about resetting the cam-module. I will try this today evening.

SFu

Portal Member
    November 14, 2007
    Bad Homburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TheOnlyFish,

I´m talking with the TBS Support about this.
    I also have trouble wit the TBS 6928 and a maxcam+ module.
    Last week, I recorded a ts stream and the tbs support is analysing this stream at the moment.

They said: This config should work.
    mmh, but there´s a difference between theory and real life... :)

additional Info: I also tried the maxcam Twin module, and maxcam+ with different firmware 1.05 and 1.06.
    same error, no hd+ decryption.

the maxcam+ works very well in a Technotrend Card. (Bust this card is soooo slow.... )

Last edited:

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Just installed it and have to say I am deeply impressed. With my TBS 6981 and testing channels in TVSetup average tuning time went down from around 1600 ms to 650 ms...wow!
    After a few days of testing I have reverted the patch since I have from time to time pixelation on HD-Channels and one missed recording (0-Byte-TS-file). Didn't have the chance to gather logs so I really cannot tell whats going on there. But since its a productive htpc for family reasons I have to use the old/slow/for me stable version.

Anyone else seeing problem on tuning of hd-channels and/or pixelation maybe?

TheOnlyFish

Portal Member
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The hint I found to resolve my problem was simple: resetting the CAM to factory defaults. But that doesnt help.

So I await hopefully the answer from SFU / TBS Support. I dont have clue what else I can do. The worst thing: at an DD Cine S2 V6 a MAxcam works (I thought about buying that one, but had read a recommendation for TBS Cards here in the forum, especially for good accepatnce of different CAMs, so I bought the TBS :censored: ).

Will it be helpful to post a bug report here in the forum at "quality assurance->bugreports" or "support->watch/listen media->tv"? I'm not sure because MP needs a patch to work with the cam of TBS cards, so this is not original MP.

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Check what are the differences of the 4 source-code files I have included in my post, with the version after you have done the instructions from DJBlu.
    You need to add the differences.
    Sorry @Markus1980Wien, but I can't find the source-code files you are referring to, I only find DLL files in the zip file.

sorry, my fault. I attached the wrong files.
    I corrected this now.
    The correct files can now be downloaded from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...other-improvements.103276/page-30#post-975963

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom