TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (4 Viewers)

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I think this behave is the same me and The_Stig had observed. Even if we don't use a "hardcam".
    fine... and what kind of errors do you get in the log files? do the channels work in tv-server? I will start a bugreport (even if I use a patched tvlibrary) and ditch my TBS card (still having my good old Technotrend S2-3200 with CI)

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't remember any more, what kind of errors were reported in the log.

What I saw was:
    - some discontinuities
    - freezing on switching channels
    - freezing if audio-stream is switching (e.g. DD 5.1 to 2.0)
    - corrupte
    See also this thread.

Since I'm not using patched files, I don't have any Trouble. But of course I miss the fast zapping times. ;)

nmanes

Portal Member
    December 26, 2009
    Roma
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi everyone,

i use the TBS5880 with a CAM Nagravision (Mediaset Premium CAM - Italy) for DVB-T
    MediaPortal 1.2.3 TVServer 1.2.3
    Windows 7 32 bit

applying the patch TBS[2.0] i can't see the CI menù neither the encripted channels of my subscription
    i tried with all TVLibrary.dll (.cam, .diff, .exp).

instead everything works well with the TBSViewer.

someone can help me?

attached my log files.

thank you in advance
    Nicola

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    someone can help me?

there are patched files for MP 1.3 and MP 1.4, I used them both with success (with TBS 6928, Conax CAM). CI Menu and encryption both work.

for 1.3 check this post
    for 1.4 check this post

just download the attached files and extract them to the TVServer installation folder (first stop tvservice manually, replace the files after backing up the originals). I know you are on 1.2.3, I don't have any files for that version. You could consider upgrading to 1.4, it is really nice (except skin support of older skins)

Last edited:

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I tested MePo 1.4 Final and I am not quite happy with the results. I get some freezes on swithing to an encrypted channel on TBS. This problem is not new, existed with 1.3 also. MePo log shows skin related warnings, all channels work if I tune them directly from TVServer settings. I will start a bugreport thread if I have time to collect proper logs.

What about this? Are your issues now gone?

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    no. since I removed my second tuner card and use only the TBS (with diseq switch), no problems, no freezes on my setup (MP 1.4, Conax CAM, TBS 6928)

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you post the link to your patch please? I don't know where it is. .. I made a modification for TVE3.5 and waiting for a review from a developer. but maybe I can add the modification to your patch

Do you made any progress on this? Maybe you need a victim for testing? ;)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was talking with mm and had a look on the src... it is not that easy to port the TVE3.5 customDevice plugin back to TVE3 and I just don't have the time right now (have to make to much for the university)...

But I made a change for the newest fixes from TBS in the curstomDevice plugin, just waiting for mm to review this and than pushing it to our repository (I'm a tester, so I have no write access :) )

So I really recommend you to take a look on TVE3.5, I make already some tests with it, currently the biggest draw back are the very long scanning times for DVB-S :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom