TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (3 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The other thing I meant to say is that I have taken out the multi-decrypt support at the moment because implementing that requires too many messy changes. I want to do it properly and for all the tuners that can support it. That will happen gradually as I refactor many of the existing classes. Twinhan and KNC are already done - just have to be committed...

mm

shummi

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi mm1352000

I haven't been able to reproduce the crash, but now i have black screen on live TV intermittent,
    both om the old and new dlls, i will get back when i catch some logs for you.

/Shummi

bluebear

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2008
    Edit:
    MM!
    Switched DiseqC to the same model (Triax) I have and switching is now working.

Hi MM!

Bad news I´m afraid.
    I´m having serious problems with my TBS6922 on a second setup, which were having the same TEVII issues like me.
    Heres what I have done.

Installed newest driver from TBS.
    I used identical tvlibrary.dll and tswriter.ax provided in this thread as I have used with success in my setup.
    However in the second system It will not work. The diseqc is the only part not exactly the same as in my setup.
    With Dvbviewer I can change channels and switch with diseqC without problem in this setup. So it shouldn´t be that problem.

I have made two logs for you, the first one is Scan_AA_AB. Initially I have already switched the diseqC to position AB with Dvbviewer. As you will see in the log, I can only scan the first transponder successfully, it then loses signal. Probably switching the diseqC back to position AA.

The second one is a channel change between LNBs. The startup is the same as in the first test. DiseqC at AB with dvbviewer.
    I can change channel 2 times on the same LNB before the signal is lost. Probably back to AA as if i change to a channel on AA
    I have signal without any problems.

I will Switch diseqC later this evening, to see if thats causing it. But it is strange when the switch are working with Dvbviewer.
    As always, just shout if you need something more from me.

//B

Attachments

• scan_AA_AB.zip
      23.9 KB
    • channel_change_between_LNB_AA_AB.zip
      12 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi bluebear

That is a bit strange! I just got word from TBS yesterday that they have a completely new SDK for the latest drivers with unicable support. If you go back to the drivers released on 28/11 does everything work? I hope to release a new DLL with support for the new drivers sometime in the week after Christmas (I have holidays! :D). The reason why DVB Viewer may be working is that they may be using the Microsoft generic interface to send DiSEqC commands - that would possibly work regardless of driver. I prefer to use the TBS interface, however the change in driver may have broken support in some software like MP.

mm

bluebear

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2008
    Ohh, I wasn´t aware that they had released a new driver after the 11/28 (v1.0.1.0). When I installed I didn´t look close enough
    on that (that machine is not at my place). But, after changing the diseqC it is now rolling again. I still have intermittent freezes on certain channels.
    Time will tell.

Have a nice holliday MM, merry christmas!

//B

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thought I'd post to ask if you were having any luck with the 6981 djblu.

Let me know if you want to throw files for testing at me.

Hope u all have a good Xmas :)

lukjod

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi mm1352000
    My first test with 6928 which i ve recently bought are not successful
    I ve made total reinstall of MePo 1.2.1 and tried yours files.
    At the beginning it was not possible for card to scan programs.Then I took tbsciapi.dll file from tbs web page and tried all 3 possible tvlibrary versions from Yours zip. Now was possible to scan and find channels but is still not possible to use cam module for decrypted channels. Its astoncrypt 2.19 which is working fine with polish cyfra+ provider by use of dvbdream and provided by tbs ci api dll so I'm pretty sure its not the cam itself. My setup is simple 1 dish on 13E hotbird for 1 provider only and win7 32. Can You help me to put it right on in some way

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi lukjod

Sorry for the delayed response - for some reason I did not receive an email about your post.
    So it looks to me like everything is working except the descrambling as you have said.

First, I would prefer if you could use the tbsciapi.dll that I provided since I have tested and confirmed that it works. It is possible that the one from the website may have changes that are causing these problems.

Also, have you tried the "diff" DLL? If not please do that.

Finally, have you checked to see if you are able to browse the CAM menu?

I have received a 6928 but have not yet had time to plug it in and test it what with Christmas and everything. I will try to do that on the weekend and see if it works for me.

mm

lukjod

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    mm1352000 said:
    Sorry for the delayed response - for some reason I did not receive an email about your post.
    :) no problem, hope You've spent a nice time at Christmas with family
    mm1352000 said:
    First, I would prefer if you could use the tbsciapi.dll that I provided since I have tested and confirmed that it works. It is possible that the one from the website may have changes that are causing these problems.
    I switched back again to fresh install of MePo 1.2.1 and to tbs driver 1.0.0.8 which was the newest when You wrote that post so i thought it should work perfect. I've checked all 3 possible versions of dll. Now the card won't scan for channels nor open it regardless is decrypted or not. It s also not possible to open cam menu, when i hit the button nothing happens and after a few trials tvservice hangs up. After upgrade to tbs driver 1.0.1.1 nothing has changed. Only when i use original MePo files ts writer and tvlibrary card scan for channels and is able to open fta channels only.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again lukjod

Thanks for testing! :D

Since I have time off work I decided to stay up a little late and plug in the 6928 for testing tonight rather than this weekend. ;) :D
    So far after a very short time of testing I am able to reproduce everything that you said except the problems with scanning.

I'm using:
    - my latest code (which has changes that I have made after I released the DLLs in the first post - that might explain why I don't have the scanning problems)
    - beta TbsCIapi.dll provided to me by TBS a couple of hours ago
    - driver version 1.0.0.8

I confirm:
    - DiSEqC works
    - tuning works
    - CAM menu does not work
    - descrambling does not work

I will perform more testing and talk with TBS about the problems if necessary. I'm just hoping that I don't need to use the latest driver because descrambling also doesn't work in DVBViewer. Can you confirm that descrambling works for you in DVB Dream *with the 6928* (I agree there is no problem with your CAM - just wasn't sure which tuner you were using the CAM with)?

@everyone: my plan was to release an updated DLL this week for MP 1.2.2 and the latest TBS drivers (SDK 2.0.0.1) however progress has been a little slower than I anticipated. I'll provide an update as soon as I can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

:sorry:

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom