Teletext subtitles (2 Viewers)

Throt

Portal Member
March 3, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Without transparency

Turned off Transparency on the plugin and tuned in to SVT1. Boxed mode works really good too, no stuttering at all!

Rgds
Throt

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks again Throt for your testing. I'm still trying to fix the subpage issue, but I don't have any ideas at the moment.

It would be cool if other people could also test this version and give me a feedback. Your feedback is really appreciated, because it could be that the fix for the stuttering problem doesn't work for all.

Regards,
    MisterD

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi I tried your patch.

I did not see any additional config settings i MP config-plugins-mytv.
    There only is the ac3 config part.

I fired up "canal+ mix denmark" dvb-s, entered 599.
    Viola subs. Although they seem to overlap each other.

Also it seems like only the first subtitle is being shown - when I initially activated the subs. The rest seems to appear random and too late.

am I doing something wrong ?

mp.log attached.

:D

Gibman

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    the setup should be look like this the attached picture.

From the log I can see that the modified version of the plugin is used. And everything looks good.

The subs are updated every 15 seconds. This issue is a little bit complicated to fix. I can't promise anything. There are multiple solutions, all with different advantages and disadvantages.

MisterD

zmrcic

Portal Member
    June 5, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm totaly new in this area....
    Is there a simple code for creating teletext page....enything in .NET....
    thanks

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    currently I don't have much time to complete the patch. Perhaps next month I have more time to complete it.
    I also realised that I have to update the old TV Engine too, because both engines use some code in MP that I have to modify for my patch.

For the problem of the rotation speed I see only one really good solution. But this solution is very complicated and a lot of work, because I have to rewrite many parts of the code and change the whole handling.
    All other solution I have evaluated doesn't fix all problems.
    My solution would be to store the whole teletext data in the ts files and write a special directshow filter that display the teletxt page with VMR9. Therefor the filters must be modified to store the data in the ts files and I think that the streaming engine must also be changed.
    Any help for this is really appreciated, but as mentioned above I don't have much time this month. I should mention that you need C++ experience for the filters, which isn't my preferred programming language.

zmrcic: The telexted pages are sent in a binary form. Then you have to parse this data stream and create a picture of this. This is the way MP is doing this. There exists a standard for teletext transmissions from ETSI.
    If you want to create an own teletext page than you have to create such a binary stream. But I don't who this can be done.

Regards,
    MisterD

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    My solution would be to store the whole teletext data in the ts files and write a special directshow filter that display the teletxt page with VMR9. Therefor the filters must be modified to store the data in the ts files and I think that the streaming engine must also be changed.
    Any help for this is really appreciated, but as mentioned above I don't have much time this month. I should mention that you need C++ experience for the filters, which isn't my preferred programming language.

Actually i am working on this currently. We already have a DVB subtitle filter in progress, and im adding teletext support to it as well ( only for DVB cards of course ).

Ive got the basics down (parsing and rendering the text), using bits and pieces of another open source teletext sub filter, but there are still some things to be done ( timing, stability, selection of a specific subtitle page, and making sure the teletext is recorded along with the other data in the ts).

The idea is to handle all subtitle delivered from DVB sources in one filter.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK....thanks, but how to create it with MP....?
    I don't know what you are trying to do. All teletext related code is in the TVPlugin and in the TVLibary for the new TVEngine.

Actually i am working on this currently. We already have a DVB subtitle filter in progress, and im adding teletext support to it as well ( only for DVB cards of course ).
    I'm trying to support the teletext of analog cards as well.

Ive got the basics down (parsing and rendering the text), using bits and pieces of another open source teletext sub filter, but there are still some things to be done ( timing, stability, selection of a specific subtitle page, and making sure the teletext is recorded along with the other data in the ts).

The idea is to handle all subtitle delivered from DVB sources in one filter.
    My intention of the filter was a little bit different. I don't want to use it only for subtitles, I want to do the whole handling of teletext pages in the filter. The plugin than only has to select the page in the filter and the filter and VMR9 is doing the rest for the fullscreen mode. The tv plugin also can retrieve a list of subtitle teletext pages etc.Than you get rid of all timing issues in MP that can cause stuttering etc. My filter would something like the "WST Decoder"
    I don't know if you mean this open source filter, but I have found this DVBTeletextSubtitle filter here.
    But the first problem for me is to change the TSWriter filter to store the teletext stream in the ts file. The MPWriter filter for the analog cards has to be changed as well, but this has a lower priority.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    My intention of the filter was a little bit different. I don't want to use it only for subtitles, I want to do the whole handling of teletext pages in the filter. The plugin than only has to select the page in the filter and the filter and VMR9 is doing the rest for the fullscreen mode.

Except for subtitles what exactly is the problem with the current teletext implementation? (must admit i havent read all of this thread, so this might be a stupid question).

I don't know if you mean this open source filter, but I have found this DVBTeletextSubtitle filter here.

Thats the one, im just scavenging parts from it for the subtitle filter.

But the first problem for me is to change the TSWriter filter to store the teletext stream in the ts file. The MPWriter filter for the analog cards has to be changed as well, but this has a lower priority.

If you want to get started, use another program (for example DVB viewer) to record TS files with teletext data intact. You can then add you filter to the TS player in mediaportal for testing.

Users who are viewing this thread