Teletext subtitles (2 Viewers)

accolon

Portal Member
March 23, 2007
How do you make it work

I've been trying to get this to work but haven't succeded yet. In the configuration for teletext wich boxes should i cross? And while playing TV how do I start the subs?

Thanx beforehand

Throt

Portal Member
March 3, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Some screenshots

Hi MisterD

Here are some screenshots (from TVE2). Hope they can be of any use to you.

The pictures x1->x3 are taken with approx 30s in between. In x2 the subtitles from x1 should have vanished and in x3 you can see that the top line from is the previous subtitle.

In picture a1 I cranked up the resolution and in the red circles there is the letter "g" cropped. Btw I noticed that in windowed mode, the subtitles never crop regardless of resolution.

Rgds
Throt

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Throt,
    first of all the screenshots are really good. :D
    I will look at the problems this weekend. I think that the first problem has something to do with erase bit in the header of a teletext page.

But the cropping problem is really strange. I still don't have an idea, what's going wrong there.

Regards,
    MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I had a look at the two issues today. First of all I have no solution yet.

The cropping problem is really complicated. It seems that the font is too high. I was able to reproduce it myself, but I couldn't find a solution.

The other problem with the not vanished pages, isn't easy to find. I had a look at the decoder and cache, but I wasn't able to find any reason for this problem. I will create a modified version with advanced logging. I hope that I can find than the reason for this problem, if someone makes a test with the modified version and give me the logs.

I also found out that, it is possible to reduce the update interval in TVE3 for subtitles. Unfortunately I only can set it to 1 second, which means that they still won't be in sync and will be updated every 1-2 seconds.

Regards,
    MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    after a long time I found some time to look at the problem again. I found one small bug, which could be the cause for the vanished pages. I also reverted a small change in the page renderer to fix the cropping problem.
    The attached file contains a modified version for TVE2 and the modified sources, because I only got feedback for TVE2. For testing just replace the TVCapture.dll of MP with the included version. This version has also additional logging, but I also need the page number of the subtitles and timestamps to synchronize your report with the log. The modifications can be easily transferred to TVE3, since the sources of TVE2 and TVE3 are very similar.

Regards,
    MisterD

Throt

Portal Member
    March 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi MisterD

Did some quick testing and it looks like your last fix solved the problem with subtitles not vanishing and I could'nt see any lines "sticking" when the subs went from 2 lines to 1 line (haven't checked any cropping). Great work! Too bad that synch problem comes in to play, otherwise this would be most usable.
    I'll try to do some more serious testing and provide logs.

Rgds
    Throt

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Throt,
    thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate that, since it's very complicated for me to test this scenario at all.
    I had a look at the source code and in TVE2 the subs should be displayed when they arrive and there is no update at the moment. So the delay should be minimal.

Regards,
    MisterD

Throt

Portal Member
    March 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

Yes the subtitles are very much in sync, what I meant was that there is still the same stuttering I described earlier, at least on my htpc. I'll test the filter on my gaming rig as well, there maybe everything will go smooth.

Rgds
    Throt

Throt

Portal Member
    March 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've done some more "research" regarding the stuttering, it seems it's CPU related. If I put my TV gfx card (ATI X1300) and put it with my overclocked c2duo, there is no stutter at all. But with the AMD (3200+) there is significant stuttering. Maybe you need more computing power when the subs are activated, do you think that could be the case?

Users who are viewing this thread