[confirm] Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD tuning to a channel not working (1 Viewer)

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Could you try the attached TsWriter (hope it works), i added some logging. BACKUP THE ORIGINAL. If it works, please post the tswriter log.

Attachments

• TsWriter.rar
    30.6 KB

klara31

Portal Member
March 28, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have run some tests with this tswriter.ax and found an unexpected result.

I have tested as follows:
1. install the new tswriter
2. Make a log with the current situation (old driver (1.1.0.601), new tswriter) as a baseline
3. install the new Terratec driver (1.1.1.501) and make logs again.

To my suprise, tuning worked at step 3! I switched back again to the old tswriter (still with the new driver installed) and it was not working anymore. Could it be that this tswriter solves the problem? Installed the new tswriter again, and it was not working anymore. Huh? Rebooted the PC and it worked again. Stopped MP (not the service) and restarted MP, it did not work.
When not working, I get 'could not start graph' or 'channel encrypted' (although a free-to-air channel was selected).

After a few more tests, I can conclude the following.
With the new driver AND the new tswriter, I can start MP once and tuning is working. When MP is stopped, and restarted, tuning does not work anymore. Once the tvservice is restarted, tuning is working again, but again only once.

Although it is probably not expected to do so, this tswriter.ax does make an improvement. Tuning is working now, but only once.

I have added the following files:
- tv_server_settins: a screenshot with the settings of the card in tvserver
- logs_OLD: a baseline log (old driver, new tswriter)
- new_1st: the first run (new driver, new tswriter), when tuning is working
- new_2nd: the second run (new driver, new tswriter) when tuning is not working anymore

Attachments

• tv_server_settings.png
    tv_server_settings.png
    26.6 KB

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I see in your logs that MDAPI is used. Could you try completely disabeling MDAPI and then test tuning FTA channels? MDAPI is giving problems very often (one of the reasons it is not supported) so we have to rule this out.

klara31

Portal Member
March 28, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have tested with MDAPI switched off. The behaviour is the same: first time I can freely switch between FTA channels. When MP is stopped and restarted, initially I get the same channel as when I stopped MP, but I cannot switch to another FTA channel anymore.

Logfiles are attached.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It looks a bit like it works when the graph is first build and it does not work if the graph is already running.

You could try setting the debug option "resetGraph", i am not at home now so i can not check how exactly.

It should be something like: start tvserver configuration with commandline option /DebugOptions. That should give a new section in the configuration "DebugOptions". There you can set a property called like "resetGraph". Perhaps its needs a restart of the service.

klara31

Portal Member
March 28, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You have to help me on that particular setting, as I cannot find it...

klara31

Portal Member
March 28, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You have to use
Code:
tvsetup.exe --DebugOptions
in stead of /DebugOptions to get into the debugoptions of the tvserver. Which is by the way a bit confusing, as /DebugOptions is working for Configuration.exe.

Anyway: I have set the parameter and it is working! :D
To get it working, I have used the tswriter.ax as included in this thread, the latest Terratec drivers (1.1.1.501) and set the debugoption 'reset graph'.

Does this help you in making a permanent solution for this problem? If you need me to do some more tests, please let me know.

I wil let this configuration run for a while to see if it is stable.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Please DO NOT run this new TsWriter if you don't have issues because it will generate an EXCESSIVE amount of logging. The logging is the only change so it will not benefit you in any way.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Does this help you in making a permanent solution for this problem? If you need me to do some more tests, please let me know.

We recently fixed a bug which might make this workaround unneccesary. I am not sure about that, so please retest in RC3. If that doesn't solve it the chance is slim that we can actually solve this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom