Test Version for BBC iPlayer (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just updated BBC iPlayer Site. Can someone from the UK check if any of the live streams (try all resolutions and providers) work? (I added bbc 1 and 2 at the end of the list)
    Please provide a debug verbosity log file from that run. thx.

sevenofone

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    Would love to help on the log bit but I only set it up a day or two ago, (see my post yesterday). I can say that I've tried the BBC1 & 2 with all of the stream speeds and it hangs buffering at around 2% with all of them. Wish this would work as if I can get live streaming on the main UK channels of ITV, BBC, Ch4 etc then I would def build a dedicated PC for it.

Thanks for efforts, must look at all the docs to get a handle on the logs

cheers

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Test Version for BBC iPlayer

Wow it starts buffering? That means the connection works but you have a codec problem :) Good to know! Because I could not get it to start buffering. (germany with proxy). So if others with some codec experiance could jump in and confirm this working I can add the other live streams.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Forgot to mention: You can try to play the Live TV streams with VLC. Install VLC player and then you should be able to open context menu on the channel (F9) and chose "Play With..." -> VLC.
    Another thing to test if playback don't work but buffering starts, is to download the live stream (also context menu), close MP after a while and try to play the downloaded file.

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can confirm both live streams for bbc 1 and bbc 2 in the uk are working inside mediaportal without having to play via vlc player :)

Graphstudio is showing the stream as a flv Stream

Hope this helps but let me know if you need any more info :)

Rich

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cool :) In that case, I'll add the other channels and happy TV watching so far!

sevenofone

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    It won't play in VLC either for me. I've used VLC for years and it plays flv files fine, but can't get anything with the channels with media portal. If I do the test in the plugin codec tab it passes all apart from the top one, flv.

Any ideas would be great

tks

Just tried again and got BBC News to play live through MP, but for the Limelight 1500kbps feed it buffered for 4m, 10 seconds to play. If I play the 1500kbps stream from the website it takes 8 seconds to buffer?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To force starting playback while buffering press PLAY. (P on keyboard)

Edit: Live stream should not buffer at all that long, I just fixed that, let the autoupdate run.

sevenofone

Portal Member
    June 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    thanks for that. Unfortunately when I start the stream now it buffers much less but freezes before it plays the video and I have to shut down MP as it's frozen solid. Thanks for your efforts though

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This might be bcause you are not watching directly from the UK but over VPN which has limited bandwidth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom