Test Version for BBC iPlayer (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Are there safe/working proxies because I have searched for them in the past, also for other country restricted content and could not get it working + how would you do this specifically for a site?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    On a slightly different subject,

There was talk at one time that IPlayer support would include higher stream rate video than currently available through the online videos (including HD).

Will this happen in the short term, or is it a way off?

Thanks

Robbo100

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Can anyone help me set up the proxy settings? I have BBC iPlayer working fine with IE via proxy, but in MP I always get the error "error getting url for video". I tried adding my proxy (127.0.0.1:8118) to the site settings, but this doesn't seem to make any difference. Has anyone managed to get this to work through a proxy?

Edit: I updated from 0.20 to 0.22 and RC3 to RC5 and I get a different error message now. I can choose the bitrate and resolution of the video I want to watch, but after that, no matter which one I select, I get the following error: "Unable to play the video. No URL"

Edit 2: Some 720p videos work after loading for a while. Anything else gives the error "No URL". Too bad that most of the content is not available in 720p :(

Raveen

Portal Member
    January 14, 2009
    Home Country
    I've just installed Online Videos, and apart from needing to tinker with my codecs to get the likes of YouTube working it seems good. iPlayer though throws up the No URL message when I try to play any video. I'm in the UK so I shouldn't have to use a proxy (unless I need to for the plugin to work in which case how do I set that up?) and it works fine in firefox.

I feel it's something fairly simple that I'm missing but I have no idea what or where to look. Any help gratefully received.

Raveen

Portal Member
    January 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Reading through the DL post (not all of it admittedly ;) ) I think my problem is that I'm running the old version of Online Videos as I haven't upgraded to 1.1 yet (another job for Mondays stripdown and rebuild I guess).

Many thanks for the link though.

thekitehunter

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    I cannot get the plugin to work for iPlayer. It buffers up the episode, but then crashes MP. This happens whatever file I try and I've tried a number of different resolutions. Any ideas? log files attached. Other 'stations' that I've tried work fine.

avee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 8, 2008
    Is the proxy setting only for acquiring the playback url, or does the proxy bandwidth need to support the stream bandwidth?

Never mind, just tested and it seems to get the stream directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom